Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Don't we normally know who the #1 pick will be by now?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Either the team has already announced their selection or everyone "knows" who will be the #1 pick is by this point in most drafts ... no? Isn't the mystery with KC's pick unusual? Why the game? I doubt anyone would move to trade with them ... would they?
mcnabbulous
Maybe they are hoping a team that wants Geno thinks the Jaguars will take him?

I'd say it's mostly known, but is more a testament to the draft class itself. There really isn't a consensus #1 guy.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 21 2013, 10:24 AM) *
Maybe they are hoping a team that wants Geno thinks the Jaguars will take him?

I'd say it's mostly known, but is more a testament to the draft class itself. There really isn't a consensus #1 guy.

Good point Zero and I agree above, just reiterates that there is no #1 guy.

Regarding the Jags, I don't think Geno is a Gus Bradley type player so I doubt anyone trades up for that reason.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 21 2013, 08:11 AM) *
Either the team has already announced their selection or everyone "knows" who will be the #1 pick is by this point in most drafts ... no? Isn't the mystery with KC's pick unusual? Why the game? I doubt anyone would move to trade with them ... would they?

4 more days of this.....
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Apr 21 2013, 10:37 AM) *
Regarding the Jags, I don't think Geno is a Gus Bradley type player so I doubt anyone trades up for that reason.

How so? How does anyone know what his type of guy is?
JaxEagle
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 21 2013, 11:43 AM) *
How so? How does anyone know what his type of guy is?

Fairly clear with his daily interviews on the news here in Jax regarding the direction he is trying to go. Unless of course he isn't straightforward with the media.
nephillymike
I've been monitoring 14 mock drafts and in 13 of them, Joeckel is the #1 pick, so it would appear that there is little drama. However, KC has Albert at OT so they can trade the pick, keep Albert and move down and still get a real good player.
GQSmooth
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Apr 21 2013, 11:55 AM) *
Fairly clear with his daily interviews on the news here in Jax regarding the direction he is trying to go. Unless of course he isn't straightforward with the media.

Who or what position do you think he is picking? Reid and Bradley seem to control the Eagles options. Knowing Reid he is going Fisher or Joekel. What direction is Bradley going. The Raiders seem to have nailed Floyd or DE position.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ Apr 21 2013, 06:53 PM) *
Who or what position do you think he is picking? Reid and Bradley seem to control the Eagles options. Knowing Reid he is going Fisher or Joekel. What direction is Bradley going. The Raiders seem to have nailed Floyd or DE position.

Milliner is what I am hearing from a decent source.
samaroo
Or maybe Andy is outsmarting everyone again!!! ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.