Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thoughts on 2013 Schedule?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
make_it_rain

Date Opponent Time TV/Radio

Monday, Sept. 9 @Washington Redskins 7:10 PM* ESPN/94 WIP
Sunday, Sept. 15 San Diego Chargers 1 PM CBS/94 WIP
Thursday, Sept. 19 Kansas City Chiefs 8:25 PM* NFLN/94 WIP
Sunday, Sept. 29 @Denver Broncos 4:25 PM* FOX/94 WIP
Sunday, Oct. 6 @New York Giants 1 PM FOX/94 WIP
Sunday, Oct. 13 @Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1 PM FOX/94 WIP
Sunday, Oct. 20 Dallas Cowboys 1 PM FOX/94 WIP
Sunday, Oct. 27 New York Giants 1 PM FOX/94 WIP
Sunday, Nov. 3 @Oakland Raiders 4:05 PM FOX/94 WIP
Sunday, Nov. 10 @Green Bay Packers 1 PM FOX/94 WIP
Sunday, Nov. 17 Washington Redskins 1 PM+ FOX/94 WIP
Sunday, Nov. 24 BYE WEEK
Sunday, Dec. 1 Arizona Cardinals 1 PM+ FOX/94 WIP
Sunday, Dec. 8 Detroit Lions 1 PM+ FOX/94 WIP
Sunday, Dec. 15 @Minnesota Vikings 1 PM+ FOX/94 WIP
Sunday, Dec. 22 Chicago Bears 1 PM+ FOX/94 WIP
Sunday, Dec. 29 @Dallas Cowboys 1 PM+ FOX/94 WIP

Definitely not a fan of 3 games in 11 days to open the season, especially with how critical it is to start strong. Not to mention the week 12 bye.

Thoughts?
iggleslover49
Too early to call anything. But our schedule looks fairly easy. We got the division games that will be tough. Outside of that. The only teams that I really see us struggling hard with, greenbay, and the broncos. MAYBE the bears since they always seem to have our number.

My dad is a skins fan and is already talking much shit. Only problem is. Nobody knows what Chip is gonna do, advantage. They don't even know if RG3 will start the season, advantage. I think Chip is gonna make us tougher and more efficient, and we'll be harder for teams to deal with this year.
nephillymike
They showed Chip a lot of respect with a week one primetime game.
Mr. Bonko
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 18 2013, 09:00 PM) *
They showed Chip a lot of respect with a week one primetime game.

If Vick is the starting QB, it doesn't matter what the schedule is, we won't win more than 4 games.

But the schedule itself is brutal. 3 games in 11 days to start followed by 3 road games in Denver, NY and TB. There's 0-6, 1-5 at best. Then two home losses to Dallas and NY and we are 1-7 or 0-8.

Shall I go on? No need to. This team, lead by #7, will quit at this point so I will too.
nephillymike
8-8 is how I see it.

Wins - Was, NYG, Dal, SD, KC, Ari and Det at home plus @ Oak
Losses - all three division road games, @Den, @TB, @ GB, @ Min and CHI here.

Sets up for a heart breaker. 8-5 going into the final three where we lose @MIN, CHI, @DAL. Although, it may be good playing Romo in late DEC with a playoff berth on the line.....................................
Dreagon
I suppose I can't complain about our schedule, but the NFL seems to really have a thing for us finishing the season playing you guys.
JeeQ
Week 1 MNF - Eagles Vs Redskins?! wub.gif

Thank Ye Football Gods! Talk about everything you want in one game. Chip Kelly's first game as the new Eagles head coach. First time Andy Reid won't be seen on the Eagles sideline in over a decade. The miracle return of RG3 in front of a home town crowd. Last but not least, the man you love, or love to hate, playing for his job, Starship 7, Mike Vick!
D Rock
I think the whole Thursday game thing is bullshit. It's too quick a turn around. IMO, any team scheduled for a thursday game should be coming off a bye week.
Eyrie
The important thing to remember about the Thursday game is that we're at home. The Chiefs lose a day travelling and the statistics show that this gives the home team a huge advantage (which comes back to DRock's point).

The late bye is a concern given the pace that Kelly runs his team at, but let's be positive and say that it will be a nice time for a breather before our play off run wink.gif
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 19 2013, 12:17 PM) *
I think the whole Thursday game thing is bullshit.

That's how I feel about the bye week.
HOUSEoPAIN
Considering Chip Kelly's approach, if we're gonna have 3 games in 11 days, better to do it at the beginning instead of the middle/end of the season, which happens to a couple teams every year. Then we get extra rest to face Denver, who will come off of short rest themselves.

Oh well. Phi vs. KC is our Super Bowl.

*edit and yeah, the week 12 bye is gonna be tough.
mcnabbulous
Anyone know how many teams we play coming off their bye? Last year we got fuuuuucked in that regard
nephillymike
Not a fan of the week 12 bye.

The boss has become accustomed to me attending to the "honey do" list in mid October. That is when I, and now my sons, normally get stuff done around the house as the Eagles games give us an acceptable excuse not to on other Sundays.

The boss will likely not be as patient as I would like in waiting another month for me to do the chores.

See what losing does?

Bad record = Late season bye week.

Late season bye week = late season honey do list completion.

Late season honey do list completion = disharmony in the household.

That damn season is putting a strain on my marriage!!!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 19 2013, 07:48 PM) *
Not a fan of the week 12 bye.

The boss has become accustomed to me attending to the "honey do" list in mid October. That is when I, and now my sons, normally get stuff done around the house as the Eagles games give us an acceptable excuse not to on other Sundays.

The boss will likely not be as patient as I would like in waiting another month for me to do the chores.

See what losing does?

Bad record = Late season bye week.

Late season bye week = late season honey do list completion.

Late season honey do list completion = disharmony in the household.

That damn season is putting a strain on my marriage!!!

this could be your best work yet Mikey
make_it_rain
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 19 2013, 08:42 PM) *
Anyone know how many teams we play coming off their bye? Last year we got fuuuuucked in that regard

Just one, I believe (Tampa Bay)
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 19 2013, 08:52 PM) *
this could be your best work yet Mikey

Do you face a similar problem??
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Apr 20 2013, 11:25 AM) *
Just one, I believe (Tampa Bay)

Thanks
Zero
QUOTE (Mr. Bonko @ Apr 18 2013, 10:34 PM) *
This team, lead by #7, will quit at this point so I will too.

I'm on record of not being a Vick fan of late but this is wrong, IMO. From everything I've ever read other players love and respect MV. Also, from everything I've read the Chipster won't be the stubbornly patient coach that AR was. If a player isn't doing the job he'll change the approach or the player.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.