Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oregon faces probation, other penalties
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
TGryn
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/documents-ore...721--ncaaf.html

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- The University of Oregon has acknowledged major NCAA violations in connection with football recruiting and proposed a self-imposed two-year probation with the loss of one scholarship in each of the next three years, according to documents released by the school. The revelations were made in a summary disposition report included in the documents released Monday night. The contents were first reported by KATU television in Portland.

Oregon and the NCAA have failed to come to an agreement on the matter and the case is expected to go before the infractions committee at some point this year...

'I am aware of the recent reports and of the ongoing investigation being conducted by the NCAA and the University of Oregon. While at Oregon, I know we were fully cooperative with all aspects of the investigation and I will continue to contribute in any way that I can. But until the NCAA rules on the matter, I will have no further comment,'' Kelly said Tuesday in a statement released by the Eagles.

Keeping in mind that this was a report done by the school, with an incentive to cast themselves in the best possible light, the NCAA's own investigation could be more damning. Given how long these things tend to take to complete, I have to think Kelly had some idea this was coming down the road, and that influenced his decision to take the Eagles' offer to be head coach. dry.gif

GQSmooth
Well I'm glad since it benefits the Eagles. One quote from Kelly in regards to discussions with players prior to the opening of OTAs, "everyone has the same rules" have to wonder how much he really means that.
Eyrie
It may explain why, having initially turned us down, he took the job a week later.

Regardless - I'm glad he's here.
HOUSEoPAIN
I'd be surprised if any winning college football program WASN'T in serious violation of almost every rule the NCAA has.
Dreagon
The NCAA is walking this weird tightrope that allows them to claim athletes as non-professional students while reaping tens of millions off their play and images. I understand the rationale behind it, but I think sooner or later some judge is going to bring the whole thing to a crashing halt.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Apr 17 2013, 01:32 PM) *
It may explain why, having initially turned us down, he took the job a week later.

Regardless - I'm glad he's here.

Yep.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 17 2013, 04:12 PM) *
The NCAA is walking this weird tightrope that allows them to claim athletes as non-professional students while reaping tens of millions off their play and images. I understand the rationale behind it, but I think sooner or later some judge is going to bring the whole thing to a crashing halt.

And I'd agree with that!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 17 2013, 03:12 PM) *

Ed O'Bannon is on the verge of making that sooner.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.