Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Certain Are U That We Need These Positions
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I'd like to get your opinion of three things for each position listed:

Is there a need? (Defined as an immediate need as a starter or significant depth need with a starter needed from that spot by the end of the 2014 season)

Is the need immediate starter or significant depth?

How would you rate that need? (10 being an urgent need, 1 being no need at all)

Here are my opinions:

OT - Yes, Immed. Starter, 10
DT - Yes, Sig. Depth, 6
DE - Yes, Immed. Starter, 10
OLB - Yes, Immed Starter, 8
CB - Yes, Immed Starter, 8
S - Yes, Sig Depth, 6
QB - Yes, Sig Depth, 5
ILB - Yes, Immed Starter, 7
OG - Yes, Sig Depth, 5 (assumes we get an OT. If not, this need becomes a 10)
TE - No
RB - No
OC - No
WR - No

So based on my evals, our order of need would be OT, DE, OLB, CB, ILB, DT, S, QB. OG.

On the QB, I really don't know if we'll need one. The other spots rated higher, I know we do.
Reality Fan
I think our immediate need is on the defensive side of the ball. I don't think there is anything on the O line that exceeds the need in the secondary. We get Peters and Kelce back and Herremans will be healthy. I think that the draft strategy has to be best player though. If that is OT than so be it but we are so far away from drafting for need it isn't funny. Until we know exactly what type of D they will run we really don't know what type of players they need.
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 13 2013, 11:26 AM) *
We get Peters and Kelce back and Herremans will be healthy.

My concern is if 30 yr old + players will come back and stay healthy. If one of the three OT are there or there in a trade down scenario and they are near BPA then they have to be the pick.

OT - Yes, imed starter, 10
DT - Yes, sig depth, 6
DE - Yes, sig depth, 8 ... solid starter in a year or two
OLB - Yes, sig depth 6
CB - Yes, sig depth 5 ... solid starter in a year or two
S - Yes, sig depth, 6
QB - Yes, sig depth, 4
ILB - Yes, sig depth 6 ... solid starter in a year or two
OG/OC - Yes, sig depth, 5 ... we need insurance for Kelce with a versitile player who can also play G
TE - Yes, sig depth 5
RB - Yes, depth 4
OC - No
WR - No
Dreagon
You guys might want to look into getting a true nose tackle to anchor your switch to the 3-4. That's why I'm beginning to lean towards predicting yall get Lotelielie (sp)
Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 13 2013, 05:58 PM) *
You guys might want to look into getting a true nose tackle to anchor your switch to the 3-4. That's why I'm beginning to lean towards predicting yall get Lotelielie (sp)

I think as a BPA he would be a realistic target and I do think they go BPA or trade down a couple of spots to get an additional premium pick.

If a trade down no farther than Miami is possible it would likely be the best thing for the Eagles this year. They have enough needs and we keep hearing that after the first few players the next grouping are all rated the same.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.