Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dion Lewis traded to Browns
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Lewis to Browns for LB Emmanuel Acho. If they weren't going to use Lewis anyway this is a good trade. The one link describes Acho as a potential starter at ILB for a 34 ... if that's what the Eagles will be running.

Link 1

Link 2
nephillymike
From a purely draft pick standpoint, we gave up the 149th pick in 2011 and got the 204th pick in 2012, almost a two round difference.

I can see why we could use a 3-4 ILB but not sure if Lewis won't pan out to be decent. He ran well when given the chance. I guess they like Polk better. Polk was a steal at UDFA, but he does have big time shoulder issues. They must have thought even if Polk was hurt, they wanted someone other than Lewis.

Dion we hardly knew ye.
Birdman420
I totally disagree with getting rid of lewis, Even if he was going to be our 3rd string he is a decent backup compared to what most other teams have.

From what I saw in lewis I thought he was going to be a good player and I would have liked to have held onto him for at least another year
Zero
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Apr 11 2013, 04:59 PM) *
I totally disagree with getting rid of lewis, Even if he was going to be our 3rd string he is a decent backup compared to what most other teams have.

From what I saw in lewis I thought he was going to be a good player and I would have liked to have held onto him for at least another year

I actually made a post a couple of months ago about wanting to use Lewis more. I thought he had some nice giddyup to him. He was short and was hard to see and was pretty strong for his size. The point is, I think, with Shady and Brown, when do you use him? I doubt they'd know much more about him after another year so why not try to get at least a good ST player in exchange?
GQSmooth
Chip liked Polk more, plus the team wants to bring someone in through draft probably a receiver/RB hybrid
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ Apr 11 2013, 07:23 PM) *
plus the team wants to bring someone in through draft probably a receiver/RB hybrid

I'm gonna keep hyping my Tavon theory so that when it happens, accolades can pour my way.
Birdman420
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 11 2013, 08:05 PM) *
I actually made a post a couple of months ago about wanting to use Lewis more. I thought he had some nice giddyup to him. He was short and was hard to see and was pretty strong for his size. The point is, I think, with Shady and Brown, when do you use him? I doubt they'd know much more about him after another year so why not try to get at least a good ST player in exchange?

As reliable as McCoy has been there is always the chance of injury of either shady or brown, in which case we need someone to take snaps. Like you said lewis had some quick speed on the field and he could fit through the small gaps in our shotty O-line, In my opinion he was a slippery little bastard who could be a weapon in any offense. I will be watching for him on the browns this season to see how he pans out.

what was he getting paid here anyway?
mcnabbulous
Didn't Lewis have some off the field stuff go down? Being a third string back and doing stupid shit off the field doesn't go over too well.
Birdman420
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 12 2013, 10:40 AM) *
Didn't Lewis have some off the field stuff go down? Being a third string back and doing stupid shit off the field doesn't go over too well.

yes, but I was speaking purely about on-field talent and potential, Reid benched him for a few games but his 2nd string spot was lost only to injury from what I've read
D Rock
I dont get the love for Lewis...

He's rather ordinary and well on the undersized side of the roster. From a potential/upside point of view, Brown and Polk both offer more. They're younger too. Lewis wasn't our 2nd stringer. He wasn't our 3rd. He's the 4th man up and wasn't any good on special teams.

See Ya.

At least Acho (gesundheit) can play teams and will likely give Chaney and his ilk a run for their money to make the roster in general.

nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 12 2013, 10:48 AM) *
I dont get the love for Lewis...

He's rather ordinary and well on the undersized side of the roster. From a potential/upside point of view, Brown and Polk both offer more. They're younger too. Lewis wasn't our 2nd stringer. He wasn't our 3rd. He's the 4th man up and wasn't any good on special teams.

See Ya.

At least Acho (gesundheit) can play teams and will likely give Chaney and his ilk a run for their money to make the roster in general.

Devils advocate, Brown, Polk and Acho have little NFL experience. Their market value was last determined at the time of the draft. The fact that Lewis was thought of highly relative to the other two, means at some point he must have been seen as decent compared ot them. I like Brown less the fumbles and Polk less the chronic shoulder problems. However, if those two flaws don't go away, then give me Lewis.

Just saying.
D Rock
If you're the 2nd or 3rd guy at your spot and you suck at special tems play, you ain't sticking on the final 53. If you're the 4th guy at your spot and suck at teams, you don't even make it to camp.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 13 2013, 11:21 AM) *
If you're the 2nd or 3rd guy at your spot and you suck at special tems play, you ain't sticking on the final 53. If you're the 4th guy at your spot and suck at teams, you don't even make it to camp.

Yup
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 11 2013, 03:55 PM) *
Lewis to Browns for LB Emmanuel Acho. If they weren't going to use Lewis anyway this is a good trade. The one link describes Acho as a potential starter at ILB for a 34 ... if that's what the Eagles will be running.

Link 1

Link 2

good trade. shouldn't be the only trade we did with the Browns but good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.