Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles QB Nick Foles Believes He Will Start
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
Despite not having the foot speed to run with the other quarterbacks, Foles believes he can still be the starter because Chip Kelly has promised to build the offense around the strengths of the quarterback.
ďIím just going to keep working,Ē Foles said. ďItís a business. I know from the draft process I went through last year that teams bring you in and analyze who they think are the best players in the draft. Thatís the smart thing to do. Thatís out of my control. My only concern is getting better every day. Iím excited to be here and Iím going to keep working.Ē

I like this kid's attitude. It's the kind of attitude that the team needs. I just don't have confidence in him as "the one" for us.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 8 2013, 01:11 PM) *
I like this kid's attitude. It's the kind of attitude that the team needs. I just don't have confidence in him as "the one" for us.

Z posted some stats on him a while ago which showed his rookie year was near the top on Yds/Game and Int%.

We'll see.
Eyrie
He's shown enough promise last year that I believe he can do a good job for us in the right system, and Kelly will tailor the system to suit the QB.

Foles is fine as the starter for 2013, and that gives him a chance to earn it for longer.
Dreagon
I think he'll start too. He's the logical choice, and you guys really need to see what you have with him now that you have your line healthy again.
JaxEagle
I like him and I'm fine with him getting the job and chance to show whether he is the guy or not.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.