Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Havili traded to Colts
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
TGryn
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles...from_Colts.html

I guess they figured they won't be needing a FB in Kelly's offense. Sadly, its a dying position in the NFL anyway.

http://www.nfl.com/player/cliftongeathers/496784/profile

Geathers is 6'7" 325, which is good size for a 3-4 DE. Unfortunately, we're his 6th team and he's done virtually nothing with the previous five, so he looks like camp fodder until proven otherwise.
Eyrie
Two guys at the bottom of the roster looking for a better fit than their current teams. Good luck to both.

With the addition of Casey we need someone who can fill his role if required. Igwenagu is very much a long shot, so I'd think that a mid-round pick will be used on a TE/H-back.
chuckp
Think a guy with his size would be able to do something lol
iggleslover49
I liked Havili. Why couldn't he work in Kelly's system? Cause he's a FB? He fits the bill of what Chip wants so position IMO is irrelevent. Decent lead blocker, good STer, and good at catching and running with the football; played hard. I still remember Havili absolutely laying the smack down on a guy on their KOR. He's gonna be a good player, hope I can say the same about this Geathers guy...
D Rock
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Mar 28 2013, 11:24 PM) *
I liked Havili. Why couldn't he work in Kelly's system? Cause he's a FB? He fits the bill of what Chip wants so position IMO is irrelevent. Decent lead blocker, good STer, and good at catching and running with the football; played hard. I still remember Havili absolutely laying the smack down on a guy on their KOR. He's gonna be a good player, hope I can say the same about this Geathers guy...

I like Stan too. But he's more fullback and less tightend and doesn't have the speed, pass catching and overal diversity that Casey has.
TGryn
QUOTE (chuckp @ Mar 28 2013, 11:54 AM) *
Think a guy with his size would be able to do something lol

The older fans will recall one of Ray Rhodes' draft mistakes, DE Jon Harris. Went 6'7" 300 lbs, and barely lasted 4 years in the league. RR hoped he was getting another "Too Tall" Jones to replace William Fuller, but wasn't even close.

Be great if Geathers somehow found his niche here, but hasn't happened with a bunch of other teams, so...
nephillymike
QUOTE (TGryn @ Mar 28 2013, 07:21 PM) *
The older fans will recall one of Ray Rhodes' draft mistakes, DE Jon Harris. Went 6'7" 300 lbs, and barely lasted 4 years in the league. RR hoped he was getting another "Too Tall" Jones to replace William Fuller, but wasn't even close.

Be great if Geathers somehow found his niche here, but hasn't happened with a bunch of other teams, so...

The worst draft pick I ever remember the Eagles selecting.

It was enjoyable seeing Joe Theisman's blank look not having a clue of who he was and saying nothing but "Mel??" and then the camera switches to Kiper who is frantically leafing thru his notes trying to find out where they had Harris going in the draft. "Joe, yeah, Jon harris, eh, yeh, University of Virginia, yeah, umm, we had him projected to go int he 4th round!!! One of my fondest draft day memories that became a predictable nightmare in short time.
Eyrie
QUOTE (TGryn @ Mar 29 2013, 12:21 AM) *

Thanks for reminding us mad.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (TGryn @ Mar 28 2013, 07:21 PM) *

he only lasted 2 years....brutal......at least this guy has shown enough to keep getting a chance
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.