Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kellyisms ...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
  • "... we want taller, longer people because big people beat up little people."
  • "... as I tell our guys, we don't make the depth chart, you make the depth chart. You make it every single day you go out on the field and show us what you can't do."
  • "One of the things that allows me to think outside the box is I never deal with hypotheticals. You'll kill yourself."
  • "The conclusion will come to itself, because it's going to be played out on the field."
  • "Passionate fans are awesome. That's one of the strengths of the city."
  • "... the people that are always looking for what's the next best thing don't take care of what they should be taking care of on that day.
  • "The only time I wear a visor is on the practice field or at a game. I didn't walk around in one." jumpclap.gif
  • "Anytime anybody adds any value to helping you make a decision you should listen to him."
  • "... I don't know what that 4-3 under that you're talking about is. Whatever you call it it's 4-3, 3-4 - there's seven guys."
  • "The process is evaluating what you have, then finding out what your strengths are and trying to play to their strengths."
  • "We don't run some magical offense or defense."
  • "You teach the fastest learner, and everyone else has to catch up."

Here ...
Phits
On elements of Moneyball or math that he lean ons? “I was told there would be no math.”

On using science: “No math, but science.

I enjoyed the interview. Most likely because this was the first time I cared to hear anything he had to say.
JeeQ
Compared to Andy he's a breath of fresh air
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 21 2013, 11:32 AM) *
Compared to Andy he's a breath of fresh air

Just wait til his first post-game presser after a loss.
D Rock
Content aside, just the fact that he's less phlegmy is a nice change.
GQSmooth
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 21 2013, 12:56 PM) *
Just wait til his first post-game presser after a loss.

As long as he continues to win at the same rate as he did in college or better he can say what he pleases, make animal sounds, jump from the furniture and slap reporters in the press conference for all I care.
Phits
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ Mar 21 2013, 02:46 PM) *
....make animal sounds, jump from the furniture and slap reporters in the press conference for all I care.

now that would be a great press conf.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ Mar 21 2013, 01:46 PM) *
As long as he continues to win at the same rate as he did in college or better he can say what he pleases, make animal sounds, jump from the furniture and slap reporters in the press conference for all I care.

If you're counting on winning 85%+ you're setting yourself up for some disappointing seasons ahead.
GQSmooth
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 21 2013, 03:29 PM) *
If you're counting on winning 85%+ you're setting yourself up for some disappointing seasons ahead.

I'm sure Chip has high expectations on the players, no reason we shouldn't have the same. I'm looking for at least the same performance as Reid +2-3 games a year on the basis of having a coach that makes in game adjustments, runs the ball, doesn't try and trick the defense all the time and understands the importance of practicing running the ball and having plays you can depend on. That should get him to .850 most years.
Phits
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ Mar 21 2013, 04:16 PM) *
I'm sure Chip has high expectations on the players, no reason we shouldn't have the same. I'm looking for at least the same performance as Reid +2-3 games a year on the basis of having a coach that makes in game adjustments, runs the ball, doesn't try and trick the defense all the time and understands the importance of practicing running the ball and having plays you can depend on. That should get him to .850 most years.

This isn't the Andy Reid era. The competition in the NFC is much more stout.

It's a sad day when the NFC East may be the weakest division in the conference.
chuckp
"... we want taller, longer people because big people beat up little people."

Like that one
JaxEagle
His comment about 4-3 or 3-4 both totaling 7 suggests to me that he may have a hybrid defensive philosophy similar to the hybrid offensive philosophy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.