Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rumor of Maclin to Colts
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Not a strong rumor but it's the speculated compensation that got me ...
What would be the compensation? Tricky question. Maybe a late 2nd or early 3rd. Maybe a combination of picks from this year and next year, with performance clauses factoring in.

Say what you will about Maclin, but I'd hang up on anyone who couldn't offer me better than that for him.
Reality Fan
while we are on the "bash Lawlor wagon"....why would they even consider the trade for a "late 2nd"......simply silly....why would you even mention something so stupid....if Maclin was a malcontent or in a holdout situation but this is just plain stupid
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 17 2013, 01:44 PM) *
while we are on the "bash Lawlor wagon"....why would they even consider the trade for a "late 2nd"......simply silly....why would you even mention something so stupid....if Maclin was a malcontent or in a holdout situation but this is just plain stupid

I don't know RF. Teams don't give up picks, like they're gold. It always amazes me how little bonifide starters get in terms of picks. Boldin got a 6th rounder for petes sake. 6th rounder!!
Eyrie
I think the argument is that Macklin doesn't like the dirty work that Kelly wants his WRs to do, so may not be a good fit here. On that basis his value is lower because with one year left on his contract it is a buyer's market rather than a seller's.

Personally I'd keep him rather than accept a late second.
D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 17 2013, 07:01 PM) *
I don't know RF. Teams don't give up picks, like they're gold. It always amazes me how little bonifide starters get in terms of picks. Boldin got a 6th rounder for petes sake. 6th rounder!!

That was a "Bro Discount." Literally. Look at what the mal content Harvin got. And he's a bit of a turd. Boldin is a good player AND a good soldier. They did Boldin a favor by not sending him to the Browns/Bills, and Jimbo did ole John a super solid.
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 17 2013, 06:44 PM) *

100% agreed.
TGryn
Why is this surprising? To an outsider, Maclin looks like a solid starter with no Pro Bowls who already has four years of wear on him. A low 2nd doesn't sound that off. Recall that we got Benn, a former 2nd round pick, for basically a sixth round pick.
Zero
QUOTE (TGryn @ Mar 17 2013, 03:10 PM) *
Why is this surprising? To an outsider, Maclin looks like a solid starter with no Pro Bowls who already has four years of wear on him. A low 2nd doesn't sound that off. Recall that we got Benn, a former 2nd round pick, for basically a sixth round pick.

Not that Mac is a stud but he has a lot more production than Benn. If Harvin got a first and a seventh plus a mid rounder next year Maclin should pull in at least a high second or low first shouldn't he?
nephillymike
http://www.nfl.com/player/jeremymaclin/80429/careerstats

http://www.nfl.com/player/percyharvin/80425/careerstats

Interesting you mention Harvin and Maclin

Maclin is better.

Drafted the same year, Maclin went three picks before Harvin.

Career Maclin has more yards 3453 to 3302, more TD's 26 to 20 and more YPC 13.4 to 11.8
Lat two years Maclin has more yds 1716 to 1644, more TD's 12 to 9 and more YPC 13.0 to 11.0

And Maclin has no character or injury issues, Harvin does. And Maclin is younger.

If Harvin set the market, Maclin is worth at least that and a low 2nd would seem to not be close.
Zero
Maclin should get them at least a #1 then. He doesn't have the ST ability that Harvin does and Seattle's # is a late pick. I don't think they'll trade him but you never know.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 17 2013, 05:07 PM) *
Maclin should get them at least a #1 then. He doesn't have the ST ability that Harvin does and Seattle's # is a late pick. I don't think they'll trade him but you never know.

Our #2 wide receiver at age 24 has 4 solid years of production under his belt, averaging close to 900 yds and 6 tds per year. The odds of replacing that kind of production (either at WR or another position) with a 2nd-rounder are less than a coin flip, and even with a first-rounder cannot be counted on. He also has stayed injury free. I wouldn't give him up unless I were getting a mid-to-high 1st rounder, and even then maybe I'd want a another late round pick on top of that. The days of our #1 targets being Thrash, Pinkston, and Brown are still fresh in my mind, all of their 'career years' are worse than Maclin's average year, as a #2.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 17 2013, 02:01 PM) *

but Maclin isn't screaming for more money and the Eagles are not asking him to take a pay cut....Boldin's situation was different....neither side wanted to budge....in Maclin's story no one is arguing about anything
D Rock
Maclin is fine as many have pointed out here. But to the idea that he's been "injury free . . ." that's the only factual inaccuracy in this thread. He's been dinged up pretty much every year and has missed at least a handful of games. So too, his production dips significantly once he gets dinged.

I wouldn't trade him. There's just no reason to. His production level is solid. But he's not been injury free. Remember folks. Opinions don't = facts.
Phits
Harvin is a pretty good ST player, where as Maclin....not so much.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 17 2013, 04:03 PM) *
http://www.nfl.com/player/jeremymaclin/80429/careerstats

http://www.nfl.com/player/percyharvin/80425/careerstats

Interesting you mention Harvin and Maclin

Maclin is better.

Drafted the same year, Maclin went three picks before Harvin.

Career Maclin has more yards 3453 to 3302, more TD's 26 to 20 and more YPC 13.4 to 11.8
Lat two years Maclin has more yds 1716 to 1644, more TD's 12 to 9 and more YPC 13.0 to 11.0

And Maclin has no character or injury issues, Harvin does. And Maclin is younger.

If Harvin set the market, Maclin is worth at least that and a low 2nd would seem to not be close.

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (D Rock @ Mar 17 2013, 06:28 PM) *
Maclin is fine as many have pointed out here. But to the idea that he's been "injury free . . ." that's the only factual inaccuracy in this thread. He's been dinged up pretty much every year and has missed at least a handful of games. So too, his production dips significantly once he gets dinged.

I wouldn't trade him. There's just no reason to. His production level is solid. But he's not been injury free. Remember folks. Opinions don't = facts.

He's missed 5 games in 4 years - so technically you're correct, he's been dinged up, but I guess with Vick on the team, 'injury-free' has become a relative term, and anyone who shows up for 90% of the games has to be praised.
D Rock
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 18 2013, 02:53 AM) *
He's missed 5 games in 4 years - so technically you're correct, he's been dinged up, but I guess with Vick on the team, 'injury-free' has become a relative term, and anyone who shows up for 90% of the games has to be praised.

I wont disagree with that. But his production has often gone down when he's "dinged" up. I like Mac. No problems there. And I think trading him would be a fool's folly. But saying he's been "injury free" suggests that he successfully plays through the bumps and bruises of an NFL season. I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle w/ Jeremy.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.