Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are all jobs completely open to competition?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Heard the Chung interview on the radio yesterday. He said he was not guaranteed a job, said Kelly doesn't guarantee jobs they're earned through competiton. True?

If this is going to be the way Kelly runs his team I'd guess there will be more weeding to do but also that the culture DRock referred to in NE will either change or we'll see a revolt. It seems this could be part of the basis of the level of FA activity ... out with the old, in with the new.

How will players like Maclin, Jackson, Vick, Ryans, Cole, etc. respond? Established vets who may feel they've earned the right to keep their jobs. Personally, I like the competition angle and hope it brings out the best in all the players.

This is a really young roster and it seems to be getting younger. Kelly appears to be adding attitude players. If these guys work hard and stay hungry at the least we should enjoy watching them.
JaxEagle
It appears that most all jobs are open. This is certainly the blow it up and start over approach. I will remain optimistic for a while but, regardless of what our draft brings, I see 6 wins being our max. 1-2 wins isn't out of the question in my opinion.
nephillymike
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Mar 16 2013, 08:27 AM) *
It appears that most all jobs are open. This is certainly the blow it up and start over approach. I will remain optimistic for a while but, regardless of what our draft brings, I see 6 wins being our max. 1-2 wins isn't out of the question in my opinion.

6 wins max??

With the most money to spend in FA, the 4th best crop of draft picks and perhaps them most influential players returning from injury, a six win season would be a failure and except for a slew of injuries to high end starters, would give me concern about our choice of coaches.

I'm a 7 win minimum fan for next year.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 16 2013, 09:51 AM) *
6 wins max??

With the most money to spend in FA, the 4th best crop of draft picks and perhaps them most influential players returning from injury, a six win season would be a failure and except for a slew of injuries to high end starters, would give me concern about our choice of coaches.

I'm a 7 win minimum fan for next year.

4th most money to spend... so I guess we are expecting lots more action? If not then I see 6 wins or less. Draft picks are great but can't be expected to yield high dividends in 2013.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.