Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arrelious Benn
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
chuckp
Low risk, upside? I guess
Remember him around the draft but not sure why I didn't work out with the Bucs, was he injured or did he just suck?
mcnabbulous
Talented guy, always seemed a bit stiff to me when I saw him in college. Can't be a bad thing. Very little risk, like his size.
chuckp
QUOTE (chuckp @ Mar 15 2013, 11:26 PM) *
Low risk, upside? I guess
Remember him around the draft but not sure why I didn't work out with the Bucs, was he injured or did he just suck?

Sorry ment to say "why he" didn't work out lol
D Rock
I never heard of the guy. At least he knows the regimen of life in the NFL. That should give him something over most receivers we might chose in round 6. No problems with this move here.
Eyrie
I like the move - we've given up a long shot pick to make the roster in exchange for another long shot pick and a big WR. If he doesn't work out, then we've lost little, and if he does then we're better off.

I'm thinking that he's here to return kick offs and play STs whilst providing depth at WR.
Zero
Benn was the second pick of the Bucs in 2009 and Josh Freeman was their first. In the four years Freeman has been with the team his QB rating has averaged 77.975, his best year in 2010 with 95.9. Is Benn's failure entirely his doing or was it compounded by injuries, his QB and coaching?
mcnabbulous
I remember Benn as a 5 star recruit out of DC that surprisingly went to Illinois. He had a really big game against PSU early in his career, including a kickoff return. The QB situation there was always shit, so he never put up really big numbers.

He is obviously a tremendous athlete, but he didn't seem like a natural receiver to me. Apparently he is a great blocker, which Chip really values.
iggleslover49
He's here because Chip likes guys that know how to run block.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.