Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kenny Phillips signed
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
One of the most talented safeties in football. Has trouble staying on the field. Good low risk, high reward pickup.
mcnabbulous
Oh and Carey Williams. Nice pickup. We've got a brand spanking new secondary. Can't be any worse than before.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
Regardless of any details that are and will continue to emerge, it's simply GREAT being able to look out for news about the team. We have this phase, then the draft to look forward to next month.

Excellent !
D Rock
Agreed.

I like the fact that we seem to have put ourselves in a position to truly go with BPA in the draft and avoid reaching for need.

Well done, Eagles.
chuckp
Like it, guys that can hit and tackle
Can't wait for the draft
Zero
QUOTE (D Rock @ Mar 14 2013, 05:06 PM) *
Agreed.

I like the fact that we seem to have put ourselves in a position to truly go with BPA in the draft and avoid reaching for need.

Well done, Eagles.

Howie sucks. rolleyes.gif
D Rock
He's made mistakes, no doubt. But he owns them (evaluating safeties is tough for us) and seems to learn from them relatively quickly. I like Howie. Especially when directly compared to RatBoy.

I hope his whiffs on safeties via the draft doesn't give him cold feet on taking one of this crop in round 2 or 3 however.
Zero
I was being a bit sarcastic.

I think the beauty of this FA period is that there have been a couple of players signed for the long haul (Casey, Barwin) but most have been vets who, for the most part are temporary fillers to establish an attitude that will set an example for the soon-to-be rookies.

I think the Eagles will draft their future starters while these guys fight for their jobs. Safety definitely but OL, CB, LB and DL too. This is a plan that is not Andy's plan. jumpclap.gif
D Rock
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 15 2013, 12:39 AM) *
I was being a bit sarcastic.

Yeah, I got that thanks to the rolling eyes emoticon.

Personaly, I love that we finally have a coach that appreciates quality linebacking.
Zero
QUOTE (D Rock @ Mar 14 2013, 06:48 PM) *
Yeah, I got that thanks to the rolling eyes emoticon.

Personaly, I love that we finally have a coach that appreciates quality linebacking.

Here's something Kelly said that gives us a clue to something he wants from his players:
"It takes a lot to be a professional football player, and if you're not all in, 24/7, 365, then it becomes very, very difficult.

What he's saying is that he wants the same commitment he gives. I wonder how this is going to fly.
D Rock
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 15 2013, 12:11 AM) *
I wonder how this is going to fly.

Me too. Obviously it'll depend on the players he brings in and the culture they establish within the locker room. What Bellicheat has accomplished culturally is remarkable. It'll be interesting to see what Chip can do on that score. He's certainly got more mojo than Steve Superior had when he came into the league.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 14 2013, 07:04 PM) *
Howie sucks. rolleyes.gif

Outstanding analysis ... truly magnificent ! laugh.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.