Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The "anti-Dream Team"
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I'm not sure whether I like this guy because we agree or because I think he gets it. I don't need a slide rule to read this, it just seems obvious to me.

The Eagles were embarassed and humiliated in 2011 and 2012, mostly because of their FA "success." The parades held in living rooms throughout the Delaware Valley and EagleLand in those years was replaced by mostly sneers and empty beer cans this Wednesday morning. Armchair football professors were handing out "F's" for the Eagles futile five like confetti on VE day. This was going to be a long couple of years for the Eagle faithful.

[The Eagles waded into the pond of FA and] provided themselves not with big names as they have in the past, prior thinking that they equated to success. Instead they supplied themselves with depth at positions of need. They brought in football character and special teams players (huh, who are they?). None of these players can be characterized as the "one guy" needed to bring a franchise to the next level. However, collectively they are sure contributors with relatively healthy histories. Low risk, high reward moves; safe and smart bets. They are the anti-Dream Team. That is, they are most definitely not pond scum.
Then again, maybe I like him because he's ready to buy us all a beer. biggrin.gif
Jeromesfriend
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 14 2013, 07:32 AM) *
I'm not sure whether I like this guy because we agree or because I think he gets it. I don't need a slide rule to read this, it just seems obvious to me.

The Eagles were embarassed and humiliated in 2011 and 2012, mostly because of their FA "success." The parades held in living rooms throughout the Delaware Valley and EagleLand in those years was replaced by mostly sneers and empty beer cans this Wednesday morning. Armchair football professors were handing out "F's" for the Eagles futile five like confetti on VE day. This was going to be a long couple of years for the Eagle faithful.

Then again, maybe I like him because he's ready to buy us all a beer. biggrin.gif

Wait, you like me? Aww shucks dude!!

I absolutely love the Eagles approach to free agency. These are definitely not the moves Reid/Banner would have made. In fact, I'm very impressed by how quickly Roseman/Gamble/Kelly seem to be bringing in their guys.

BTW... I got picked up by a couple sites. Check out HighPhive.com and soon on Section215.com. Thanks so much for reading/drinking. Not necessarily in that order.

nephillymike
This was almost too easy:

Eagle Free Agency 2013: The Nightmare Team.

They have time. Tick tick tick. Nothing yesterday. John Frank got out of town w/o signing.

Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 14 2013, 09:33 AM) *
This was almost too easy:

Eagle Free Agency 2013: The Nightmare Team.

They have time. Tick tick tick. Nothing yesterday. John Frank got out of town w/o signing.

Mikey, you're taking this Axis shit too seriously.
nephillymike
Look at the time I posted it.

The team at 6PM looks better than the team at 9AM!

Some where between my axisitis and your rose colored glasses, is an accurate picture.

I do have a trade in option of my axis membership card before the end of FA.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 14 2013, 08:00 PM) *
Look at the time I posted it.

The team at 6PM looks better than the team at 9AM!

Some where between my axisitis and your rose colored glasses, is an accurate picture.

I do have a trade in option of my axis membership card before the end of FA.

Dude, you can sell it on Ebay and make a bundle. My roseys aren't worth the plastic they're made from.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.