Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We got a NT (FA updates)
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
Sopoaga signed today.

So James Casey, Sopoaga, apparently Bradley Fletcher (a CB from St. Louis) is a possible signee. And Jean-Francois to visit tomorrow.

Looks like we're officially a 3-4 football team.

Edit: Link to profile on Fletcher. Sounds like a good signing:
mcnabbulous
Also announced they signed S Patrick Chung, and LB Jason Phillips. Fletcher is official, too.
nephillymike
Well, can't say I'm impressed so far.

Our number of signings are great, the players aren't.

We had $41 M of cap space, we spent about a million on these five guys.

What are we going to do with the other $40M??

I need to take a closer look at where these FA were rated to see if I'm missing something.

The common thread here is average players on winning teams, which I guess beats the poor players on our poor tea, with a 3-4 experience on the D.
mcnabbulous
Signing big ticket free agents is rarely good policy. If we're going to get better, it's going to be through the draft.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 13 2013, 12:43 AM) *
Signing big ticket free agents is rarely good policy. If we're going to get better, it's going to be through the draft.

I assume Phillips is a backup behind Kendrick/Ryan's in the middle? I can't find much on him. Too small for OLB.

I like Chung, though.
Pbfan
I hate this idea that chip kelly is trying to put together his college players. He seems to still be thinking in terms of college. I dont really care if you coached them before, during their college years.
mcnabbulous
Wait, so of all the signings, Patrick Chung is the one you hate? Cause he went to Oregon? I thought it was a decent signing, given our needs and what is on the market.
Eyrie
I'd only be worried if he was exclusively targeting Oregon players. One guy isn't an issue, and remember Chung has started for Belichick.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.