Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quinton Mikell Released
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
in an apparant salary cap move. His cap hit for the lambs in 2013 was to be upwards of 9 mil.

He's started all 16 games in each of the last 2 seasons and had 114 tackles in 2012.

He's never been spectacular. But even at 32, I'm thinkin he'd be a cost effective upgrade for SS.
mcnabbulous
Everything in the secondary is a young man's position. We never should have let Q get away the first time, but I wouldn't be excited about bringing him back.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 11 2013, 05:24 AM) *
Everything in the secondary is a young man's position. We never should have let Q get away the first time, but I wouldn't be excited about bringing him back.

Neither would I. But for vet min, he could add some depth. There's no question he'd be an upgrade over Rashare, Nate and Colt.

Obviously, our goal is to land 1 via FA and another via the draft. But to sign Q to a 1-2 year deal for vet min would provide insurance in the likely event that FA and the draft don't pan out as we'd ideally hope.

Q made his way in the league as an URFA and stuck because he was a great special teamer. Perhaps he and Colt are the same animal. But just in case we miss on our plan . . . he could be of value considering that he'd constitute an upgrade over pretty much all we currently have.

If he's starting, you've failed misserably on the off season. If he's on the roster week 1 in september, you may have had some minor fails. Signing him for a vet min deal would insure we avoid "complete train wreck" status for the offseason.
TGryn
This offseason is kinda inverted from what we're used to. Normally, a guy like QM might have a higher than average chance of ending back here because his previous stint here would have made him familiar to the staff, and vice-versa. With the complete turnover, he's just another old vet that we the fans know, but none of the coaches have any connection to. Brave new world...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.