Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Contest: win a free trip!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
That's a free trip to your bathroom, but that's not relevant.

Let's see who can name the first player the Eagle sign in FA. Not a trade. That's beginning on Tuesday.

My name: Glover Quin, Safety, Houston
Phits
I'll go with the warm rumor: Sean Smith, CB, MIA
iggleslover49
I'm thinking Goldson...
nephillymike
Goldson
Dreagon
Eric Winston
make_it_rain
Goldson, one time plz.
HOUSEoPAIN
I'd love Goldson, or in fact any safety not named Allen or Coleman. Anthony Spencer would be a great pickup too.

However, these guys running our franchise don't much follow conventional wisdom, and my gut instinct tells me Chip Kelly is going to go balls-to-the-wall to try to build an offensive juggernaut, and basically fill up our defensive roster with the cheapest crap he can find.

I'm going to say Dwayne Bowe.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 10 2013, 11:18 PM) *
I'd love Goldson, or in fact any safety not named Allen or Coleman. Anthony Spencer would be a great pickup too.
I believe the Cowboys tagged Spencer.

I'm going to say Dwayne Bowe.

Bowe signed a 5 year extension in KC.
mcnabbulous
I'll say Ricky Jean Francois.
D Rock
Imon go with the O Guard from Buff who's name escapes me at the moment.

chuckp
Goldson
HobbEs
Danny Amendola. Why? Because it makes no sense at all.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Mar 11 2013, 09:14 AM) *

tongue.gif

There was a time when I watched ESPN non-stop and anticipated who our signings/picks would be - I haven't really given a shit in years as evidenced by my picks. We have needs, they'll sign who they'll sign, and I'll see if I like them or not. Whatever.
Dreagon
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Mar 11 2013, 08:14 AM) *

Haha! Welcome to my life!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Mar 11 2013, 08:14 AM) *

It would obviously be to replace Avant, who doesn't appear to have a natural fit in Kelly's offense. Amendola is quicker and has been more productive over recent seasons, especially getting into the end zone. Shurmur also spent a few seasons with him in St. Louis.

With that said, I don't want to see Avant go. He has been plagued by inconsistent QB play in recent seasons, but I think he could shine if someone were able to get him the ball. Nothing crazy, but really solid numbers.
Eyrie
Either the TE Cook, or Nota Klue.
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 11 2013, 01:38 PM) *
Either the TE Cook, or Nota Klue.

Nota is a sure winner! Let your journey begin.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 11 2013, 05:52 PM) *
It would obviously be to replace Avant, who doesn't appear to have a natural fit in Kelly's offense. Amendola is quicker and has been more productive over recent seasons, especially getting into the end zone. Shurmur also spent a few seasons with him in St. Louis.

With that said, I don't want to see Avant go. He has been plagued by inconsistent QB play in recent seasons, but I think he could shine if someone were able to get him the ball. Nothing crazy, but really solid numbers.

Amendola was a starter for the lambs while Avant a 3rd man. I would hope he'd have more production that a part time player.

I read today that Avant is the only receiver in the league last season to not have a single drop. The guy is nothing from a "measurables" point of view. But he's the most consistently reliable players we've seen in green in the last 5 years.
mcnabbulous
James Casey, Sopoaga, and Jean-Francois set to visit.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 12 2013, 03:34 PM) *
James Casey, Sopoaga, and Jean-Francois set to visit.

Sopoaga is a NT, John Francis is a LB right? What position is Casey?
VICKtory
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 12 2013, 05:30 PM) *
Sopoaga is a NT, John Francis is a LB right? What position is Casey?

NT, NT/3-4 DE, TE/FB
mcnabbulous
We all lose. Eagles officially signed Casey. 3 year, $14.5m
Zero
My contest. I win. Going on my trip now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.