Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How are the Eagles set for FA?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Do the Eagles have enough cap space to fill a couple of holes through FA? I'm not talking big name signings, rookies can't do it all.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 3 2013, 07:14 PM) *
Do the Eagles have enough cap space to fill a couple of holes through FA? I'm not talking big name signings, rookies can't do it all.

My understanding is that we have more than anyone else in football. $32-34M+ and that doesn't include cutting Nnamdi.
Zero
A little research gives me a start. Anyone familiar with this site?

This site seems to be telling us that the Browns (RatMan Banner) are winning the Cap Bowl with $46,622,155 to spend and the Eagles rank sixth with $32,440,721. I'm guessing Namdi's situation is going to change that number.

If I'm reading that right, about $16,428,284, or about half will be spent on rookies?
nephillymike
No Z, you had one too many SA winter lagers!!

The year one cap hit for rooks is $7.4M, so net of that we have about $25M to spend for a year one cap hit for FA's.

We're loaded. We can get how many and whoever we want.

Cap space is not any hinderance whatsoever.
nephillymike
http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/fr...n=DB&y=2013

OK, now we're talking. I got a pocket full of money.

I'm going shopping and I've got that shopping glow (anyone who is married has witnessed that and the bill paying red face that goes along with it!!)

Here are some positions and FA's that caught my eye:

SS. Goldshon SF
FS Byrd BUF (unfortunately was just franchised so it would cost two 1st's so he's off the market)

CB S. Smith MIA
CB C. Williams BAL both CB's should be available

OT J Long MIA - if we don't draft a OG or OT.
OT A. Smith CIN - same as above. More of a road grader for our run offense (I love the way that sounds run offense)

OLB P. Kruger BAL
OLB A. Spencer DAL

WR D. Bowe KC - the size we need

TE J Cook TEN - I wanted him since draft day

Give me three of these and I'll call it a day!!
mcnabbulous
According to the things I've read, Chip isn't into the road grader types on the OLine. Just because he's been run first at times doesn't mean he's into power running.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 4 2013, 12:07 AM) *
According to the things I've read, Chip isn't into the road grader types on the OLine. Just because he's been run first at times doesn't mean he's into power running.

Yeah, I think I heard that too. He's more of a zone blocking schemer.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 4 2013, 12:24 AM) *
Yeah, I think I heard that too. He's more of a zone blocking schemer.

I also have some motivation doubts with Smith after he gets paid.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 3 2013, 11:38 PM) *
http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/fr...n=DB&y=2013

OK, now we're talking. I got a pocket full of money.

I'm going shopping and I've got that shopping glow (anyone who is married has witnessed that and the bill paying red face that goes along with it!!)

Here are some positions and FA's that caught my eye:

SS. Goldshon SF
FS Byrd BUF (unfortunately was just franchised so it would cost two 1st's so he's off the market)

CB S. Smith MIA
CB C. Williams BAL both CB's should be available

OT J Long MIA - if we don't draft a OG or OT.
OT A. Smith CIN - same as above. More of a road grader for our run offense (I love the way that sounds run offense)

OLB P. Kruger BAL
OLB A. Spencer DAL

WR D. Bowe KC - the size we need

TE J Cook TEN - I wanted him since draft day

Give me three of these and I'll call it a day!!

Actually, it was Yuenling last night and I knew I could draw out Mikey Numbers with some sweet smelling digits.

From your list I'd lean towards a CB and an OL. The CB because of the dire need and experience is important and the OL to allow that first pick to go to the DL. Bowe is a luxury even though it would be sweet to deAndytise him. unsure.gif
JaxEagle
Yes to Jared Cook alongside Celek and Harbor
D Rock
i read Chicago is going all in for Cook. We might have to overpay for him.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (D Rock @ Mar 6 2013, 02:22 PM) *
i read Chicago is going all in for Cook. We might have to overpay for him.

I'm sure Chicago is. Makes sense. I don't think I want him bad enough to blow our overall budget.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.