Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wake up, coffee's on ... FA starts next week
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Apparently teams can begin negotiating with players this coming Saturday but can't start signings until Tuesday, March 12.

Come Tuesday we'll get some sense of where the Eagles are headed this year. Despite my earlier impulsive comments, I don't think they'll be looking at this year as a rebuilding/throw-away year but we'll get some indication by what they do in FA.

The defense needs the most help. Obviously the DBs need some serious work but the DL needs attention too after the recent cuts. I can't see more Dream Team signings but they could go back to their previous MO of going after young, ascending back-ups. Any big WRs or TEs?

How do the Eagles stand with the cap? Is the poison pill still available?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 3 2013, 07:02 AM) *
I can't see more Dream Team signings but they could go back to their previous MO of going after young, ascending back-ups. Any big WRs or TEs?

Yes, no more 'Dream Team' signings, such as Babin, Aso, and Vince Young. Personally, I'd be ok with unloading Aso AND paying another team to take him without expecting anything in return.
canadianeagle
I've been reading various rumor mills lately. Seems some think the Eagles may make a trade for Revis. I would be okay if it was for a 2nd pick this year and a conditional next but anymore than that is just too risky. Also a guy like Revis is someone you break the bank for if you believe your team is one player away from the SB...I don't think they are in that category.
mcnabbulous
There is no way this team is in a position where trading for Revis makes sense.
JaxEagle
Revis = No thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.