Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ugh. Which sucks worse?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Dreagon
I hate this time of the year...the part between the Super Bowl and the draft. I think the only time that might be marginally worse is the period between the draft and training camp. Actually, I'm not sure if that time is worse or not. At least then we have draft picks to discuss and try to visualize how they will perform in the future. On the other hand, now that the wonder of who is going to be picked is over, there isn't a whole lot of drama left for a while.

Sigh. Here's hoping August gets here soon wacko.gif
mcnabbulous
As a fellow Texan, I have no interest in it being August any time soon.
Dreagon
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 2 2013, 02:43 PM) *
As a fellow Texan, I have no interest in it being August any time soon.

Hahahaaa! Okay, you got me there biggrin.gif
nephillymike
BTW, I got a complaint today about Texas.

A truck driver bringing in freight today was a day and a half late because he had to spend a whole day at a truck stop near Armarillo (??) Texas because he says that your state can't handle snow flurries!!!!

Get it together down there will ya? I mean it isn't like you have hills to worry about!

I had a pissed off customer b/c there stuff didn't get here Thursday as planned!
TGryn
I'm old enough to remember the days before the Internet made tons of draft information available instantly on every possible prospect. Back then, this time was more or less a "rest" period, and those of us who like the NBA or NHL would turn their attention to that until MLB spring training started up. These days, with the NFL Network offering football 24/7/365, fans can remain completely immersed in the NFL year-round if they want.

I started easing up off really following the draft when they moved it from the weekend. Then a few years ago, I realized that most of the stuff I was reading about potential draftees for the Eagles was actually swiftly obsolete, because so few of the guys I'd study ended up on the team. I'll read up on the guys more when I know who actually is coming here, its not like they're going to change in any meaningful way between the draft and camp.

I will say, one thing I'm curious about is whether Kelly reinstates having scrimmages at Lehigh with local non-divisional teams like the Bills and Jets. We had some under Rhodes, and it was a nice (and financially cheap) way to see the team without having to pay full preseason prices. I think Reid didn't see any value in them, so they were discontinued.
Dreagon
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 2 2013, 04:32 PM) *

A truck driver bringing in freight today was a day and a half late because he had to spend a whole day at a truck stop near Armarillo (??) Texas because he says that your state can't handle snow flurries!!!!

Get it together down there will ya? I mean it isn't like you have hills to worry about!

I had a pissed off customer b/c there stuff didn't get here Thursday as planned!

Odd. While not reacting well to snow definitely applies to most of the state (you haven't lived until you've watched a town full of Aggies try to drive on ice), I would think the panhandle towns would have their act together in that regard. Amarillo should be on the ball better than that.
Dreagon
QUOTE (TGryn @ Mar 2 2013, 05:15 PM) *
I'm old enough to remember the days before the Internet made tons of draft information available instantly on every possible prospect. Back then, this time was more or less a "rest" period, and those of us who like the NBA or NHL

My problem is that although i used to enjoy playing basketball and baseball, I never could get into watching them. I'm not sure what that is.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 2 2013, 05:32 PM) *

Having lived in Maryland, as well; I've found that no one south of the Mason-Dixon knows how to drive in snow. I regularly found myself pulled over on the side of the road helping people in SUV's that had slid off the road. This, while driving a Honda Civic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.