Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rumors the Chiefs traded for Alex Smith
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
A deal is in place with a mystery team. It can't be announced until beginning of league year. Lots of speculation it's the Chiefs.
If so, I would have to think that almost guarantees they take Joekel.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 24 2013, 08:27 PM) *
A deal is in place with a mystery team. It can't be announced until beginning of league year. Lots of speculation it's the Chiefs.
If so, I would have to think that almost guarantees they take Joekel.

Yes, if true he'll take Joeckel - but I still just can't believe AR would pass on drafting a QB out of college with the #1 pick. If it happens it happens, but I would be shocked.
nephillymike
That would suck.

I want Smith there for Andy to take so we get Joeckel.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 24 2013, 09:09 PM) *
That would suck.

I want Smith there for Andy to take so we get Joeckel.

I've read somewhere that Fisher isn't that far off of Joeckel.
HobbEs
I've read somewhere that Fisher isn't that far off of Joeckel.

I've also read that Warmack is the best player in the draft. Could Howie think out of the box and take a Guard at #4?

GQSmooth
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Feb 25 2013, 10:09 AM) *
I've also read that Warmack is the best player in the draft. Could Howie think out of the box and take a Guard at #4?

He looked slow and not in great shape at combine. I just don't think he fits our system, need guards that can quickly pull. Maybe he can, but for a coach that emphasis speed and pace it would be a huge change for Warmack. I'm just not pleased he showed up at combine looking out of shape.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ Feb 25 2013, 12:51 PM) *
He looked slow and not in great shape at combine. I just don't think he fits our system, need guards that can quickly pull. Maybe he can, but for a coach that emphasis speed and pace it would be a huge change for Warmack. I'm just not pleased he showed up at combine looking out of shape.

Agreed. If a guard is going to get selected that high, he can't have any missteps.
mcnabbulous
This trade is confirmed. Not sure about the details, but the Chiefs definitely landed Smith. Sounds like their 2 this year was involved. Not sure what else.

Edit: and Foles definitely isn't going to KC now. That's for sure.
VICKtory
The chiefs should be a solid team this year.
Eyrie
Supposed to be the Chiefs second this year and a conditional second next year.

I'm inking Joekel in as the #1 pick now.
HobbEs
Makes you wonder what the asking price for Foles was.
GQSmooth
49ers got better end of the deal. Two #2s for Smith?? Guess Andy figures he gets immediate improvement of the team and excitement of the fans.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 27 2013, 12:16 PM) *
This trade is confirmed. Not sure about the details, but the Chiefs definitely landed Smith. Sounds like their 2 this year was involved. Not sure what else.

Edit: and Foles definitely isn't going to KC now. That's for sure.

I'm honestly shocked. Can it be that Reid has his eye on a QB in the draft who he thinks he can get in a later round, that others aren't paying attention to? Looks like Joeckel is a Chief.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 25 2013, 07:09 PM) *
Agreed. If a guard is going to get selected that high, he can't have any missteps.

He's still the best player in the draft. More than a few boards from the "experts" agree.

Plug him in and have an all pro offensive line. With our backs . . . it would hardly mattered WHO played QB and would cover for a rebuilding D.

Just my 2 cents.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 27 2013, 09:08 PM) *
He's still the best player in the draft. More than a few boards from the "experts" agree.

Plug him in and have an all pro offensive line. With our backs . . . it would hardly mattered WHO played QB and would cover for a rebuilding D.

Just my 2 cents.

I betcha Geno gets picked higher than Chance.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 28 2013, 04:56 AM) *
I betcha Geno gets picked higher than Chance.

Doesn't mean he's a better baller.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 28 2013, 12:18 PM) *
Doesn't mean he's a better baller.

I didn't say he was. But it's an apples and oranges comparison anyways.
Dreagon
I don't know...Smith did really good before he got hurt, but the 49'ers were already a Super Bowl caliber team. It's too early to tell, but this may be shades of Matt Cassell.
Bez
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Feb 28 2013, 05:40 PM) *
I don't know...Smith did really good before he got hurt, but the 49'ers were already a Super Bowl caliber team. It's too early to tell, but this may be shades Matt Cassell.

He has walked through the fire and has leadership skills.
mcnabbulous
I think we are going to see a Jeff Garcia in Philly type of offense. I expect them to have success.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.