Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles Are On The Clock
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
After voting, please post what your pick was and give a 2nd and 3rd choice assuming we stay at #4.

If there is someone you'd like to drop down a few slots to pick # 8-10 to pick up but wouldn't pick him at #4, please mention that also.
GQSmooth
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 24 2013, 10:29 AM) *
After voting, please post what your pick was and give a 2nd and 3rd choice assuming we stay at #4.

If there is someone you'd like to drop down a few slots to pick # 8-10 to pick up but wouldn't pick him at #4, please mention that also.

Disappointed trade down wasn't an option. Think Eagles would prefer one of the quicker OL like Johnson out of Oklahoma. Think Eagles if they stay at 4 pick OLB or OT. Dion Jordan should be an option. Either Trent or Graham plays OLB this year and Jordan takes over next year.
TGryn
OT Joeckel. OL are always boring picks, which is why the fans hate them. However, starting left tackles are premium assets, and we saw with Bell this year what happens when you don't have one.

Fisher would be my second option, or trade down for Joeckel's teammate Matthews.
nephillymike
going with the best available option I selected Joeckel OT

the other three choices if e is gone in order:

2. Lotulelei NT
3. Werner DE/OLB
4. Moore DE/OLB

would be OK with
5. Fisher OT

and not too upset with these two who may be a stretch at 4
6. Womack OG
7. Milliner CB
mcnabbulous
Geno Smith is who I selected. I'd be happy with that or Dion Jordan.
canadianeagle
My first choice would be to trade down in the 7-10 slot and take the safety Vaccaro. While I understand the idea that the Eagles should take the best player available, I can't help but notice that the Eagles will likely be starting Hughes and Marsh at DB. I went with:

1. Millner
2. Either Floyd or Lotulelei
3. Moore ( although I heard health might be a concern)
TGryn
Although, if there's a way to parlay that #4 into getting both OLBs Jarvis Jones and Dion Jordan, I'd feel pretty excited about that. Normally both of them would be in the discussion as top 10 picks, but Jones has spinal stenosis and Jordan's going to have shoulder surgery which will keep him out 3-4 months so they'll be sliding. It'd be a gamble, but Kelly knows everything about Jordan from coaching him at Oregon and Jones' sack numbers were just outrageous. It'd be a nice change to have potential Pro Bowl talent at every LB spot, especially if we changing to effectively a 3-4.
Zero
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ Feb 24 2013, 10:23 AM) *
Disappointed trade down wasn't an option. Think Eagles would prefer one of the quicker OL like Johnson out of Oklahoma. Think Eagles if they stay at 4 pick OLB or OT. Dion Jordan should be an option. Either Trent or Graham plays OLB this year and Jordan takes over next year.

Agreed on the trade down but I picked Fisher because I think it's a potentially critical need for the offense and I think Joeckel will go to KC.

In a trade down scenario it may be that the Jets panic for a QB and will give up their #2 to grab the guy they want. The Eagles select Dion Jordan at #9 and grab CB Ryan from Rutgers and maybe SS Elam with their two #2's.
D Rock
I voted Chance. Simply because (like Mayock) I think he's the best player in this draft.

2nd would be Joekel.

3rd Fischer.

My opinion? You go best player available. Doesn't matter what position or side of the ball.

Top 5 picks need to be All Pro Players for a decade plus.

D Rock
Trading down is going to be almost impossible this year. If this top 5 is as weak as most say it is . . . who would want to trade up into it?
GQSmooth
QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 24 2013, 05:42 PM) *
Trading down is going to be almost impossible this year. If this top 5 is as weak as most say it is . . . who would want to trade up into it?

I would have gone with Chance too, but watching him at the combine, you can't pull with chance he is just too slow. Scouts have to go look at the tape.
Dreagon
Joeckel. You guys have Vick for another year, so you may as well build the line for the QB of next year.
D Rock
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ Feb 25 2013, 12:23 AM) *
I would have gone with Chance too, but watching him at the combine, you can't pull with chance he is just too slow. Scouts have to go look at the tape.

Kelce is our puller.
nephillymike
McNabulous,

I'm the Eagles at #4 and I call you who is drafting 8th.

What do you give me to move up to #4 to get your man Smith?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 24 2013, 10:17 PM) *
McNabulous,

I'm the Eagles at #4 and I call you who is drafting 8th.

What do you give me to move up to #4 to get your man Smith?

I think that typically would warrant a 2 for that type of move. Which I would take, as the Eagles.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 24 2013, 09:50 PM) *
I think that typically would warrant a 2 for that type of move. Which I would take, as the Eagles.

So that would be the 8th pick of the 2nd round, presumably. If Joeckel, Werner and Moore are gone, with Star having heart issues, I might do that, figuring I have a good shot at Milliner or Fisher. But Fisher at #4 is not bad. I don't know.

BTW, IPAs? I just can't warm up to them. I had a Troeg's Nugget Nectar last week, trying to see if I changed. Nope. I like just about every other style of beer but not the hoppies.
canadianeagle
The thing is, if the Eagles have two 2nd round picks, they could trade their 2nd for a first rounder next year
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 24 2013, 10:42 PM) *
BTW, IPAs? I just can't warm up to them. I had a Troeg's Nugget Nectar last week, trying to see if I changed. Nope. I like just about every other style of beer but not the hoppies.

Well, if you have any extra Nugget Nectars sitting around, you can gladly send them down to me in Texas. smile.gif

IPA's are definitely a love em or hate em style beer. The hoppier the better, in my opinion.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 25 2013, 02:49 PM) *
Well, if you have any extra Nugget Nectars sitting around, you can gladly send them down to me in Texas. smile.gif

IPA's are definitely a love em or hate em style beer. The hoppier the better, in my opinion.

I've tried but just can't get the taste for them. You can honestly list 25 styles of beer and I probably love 15 of them, like very much 8 of them and don't like two, IPA's and Rauchbier (aka Scotch Ale).

I love the micro brew movement. There are so many outlets now where one can get their fix. I was at a restaurant a few weeks ago with some friends that has a real good beer selection. Out of their 20 beers on tap, all but one was rated 90 or better in the rate beer ratings. I had six different beers on draft that night, anywhere from 5% to 11% ABV, and all were awesome. I thought I died and went to heaven.

Now I'm thirsty again!!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 25 2013, 05:34 PM) *
I've tried but just can't get the taste for them. You can honestly list 25 styles of beer and I probably love 15 of them, like very much 8 of them and don't like two, IPA's and Rauchbier (aka Scotch Ale).

I love the micro brew movement. There are so many outlets now where one can get their fix. I was at a restaurant a few weeks ago with some friends that has a real good beer selection. Out of their 20 beers on tap, all but one was rated 90 or better in the rate beer ratings. I had six different beers on draft that night, anywhere from 5% to 11% ABV, and all were awesome. I thought I died and went to heaven.

Now I'm thirsty again!!

I can't tolerate wheat beers, so I can sympathize with not having a taste.

Troeg's is the one northeast microbrew I can't get down here in Austin that really bums me out. I was surprised with how mediocre the local scene was a few years ago when I first moved down here, but there have been a ton of new, good ones that have opened recently.

The best part about that community is how it's seemingly such a friendly group. They're less about competing with one another, and more focused on producing quality stuff. Often times helping each other out to do so.

All of this corresponds with the big breweries using shittier ingredients and putting out a shittier product.
mcnabbulous
Milliner ran two sub-4.4 40's today. I'm not one to get too hung up on the combine, but I did question his speed. I think it makes him a legit consideration at #4, depending on the board.
chuckp
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 26 2013, 10:18 AM) *
Milliner ran two sub-4.4 40's today. I'm not one to get too hung up on the combine, but I did question his speed. I think it makes him a legit consideration at #4, depending on the board.

With the 4th pick the Philadelphia Eagles select Dee Milliner! Was high on Jordan but if we stay at 4 and the Luke is gone that's my pick.
chuckp
Actually I think that with Milliners time this could be a good spot to trade down this teams looking for the top corner and thinking the Lions will take him at 5
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (chuckp @ Feb 26 2013, 02:39 PM) *
Actually I think that with Milliners time this could be a good spot to trade down this teams looking for the top corner and thinking the Lions will take him at 5

We certainly qualify as "in need of a top corner."

Given some of the uncertainties around Jordan, Milliner may have moved to the top of my list, given his success, his measurables, and our needs.

The fact that we have an Alabama coach on our staff gives us intel on the guys work ethic. Assuming all of that matches up, I would be very happy with him as our selection.
chuckp
[quote name='mcnabbulous' date='Feb 27 2013, 12:12 PM' post='245075']
We certainly qualify as "in need of a top corner."

Given some of the uncertainties around Jordan, Milliner may have moved to the top of my list, given his success, his measurables, and our needs.

The fact that we have an Alabama coach on our staff gives us intel on the guys work ethic. Assuming all of that matches up, I would be very happy with him as our selection.
[/quote

I don't get the measurables, I thought he was close to 6' 2" and on the NFL network I though I saw they had him under 6' lol
mcnabbulous
He's 6'0" 200lbs. More than sufficient for a corner. Running a 4.37 is what solidified it for me. He may be a little stiff in the hips, but he's got more than enough athleticism to hold his own.

I didn't think his top-end speed would be that fast.
HOUSEoPAIN
cheers.gif
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 27 2013, 06:36 PM) *
He's 6'0" 200lbs. More than sufficient for a corner. Running a 4.37 is what solidified it for me. He may be a little stiff in the hips, but he's got more than enough athleticism to hold his own.

I didn't think his top-end speed would be that fast.

cheers.gif

I wouldn't mind at all going for him. As long as Aso is dead gone ASAP.
chuckp
Milliner or Jordan
SLOiggles
With the Alex Smith news...Joeckel is gone. Now, I'd say that there's definitely a chance that Warmack is the man. So..I voted for him
D Rock
QUOTE (SLOiggles @ Feb 28 2013, 06:38 AM) *
With the Alex Smith news...Joeckel is gone. Now, I'd say that there's definitely a chance that Warmack is the man. So..I voted for him

Yup. No brainier if you subscribe to the "best player available" line of thought.
nephillymike
FWIW, the Eagles site runs a listing of mock drafts. Taking al of the mocks listed there that were done 2/24 or after (after the KC deal for A. Smith was known),here is a summary of who the recent mocks have us taking at #4:

Jordan DE/OLB = 4
Fisher OT = 3
Johnson OT = 2 (he's new on the elite list)
Warmack OG = 2
Lotulelei NT = 2
Milliner CB = 1
Joeckel OT = 1 (I guess most have him going earlier)
GQSmooth
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 2 2013, 06:43 PM) *
FWIW, the Eagles site runs a listing of mock drafts. Taking al of the mocks listed there that were done 2/24 or after (after the KC deal for A. Smith was known),here is a summary of who the recent mocks have us taking at #4:

Jordan DE/OLB = 4
Fisher OT = 3
Johnson OT = 2 (he's new on the elite list)
Warmack OG = 2
Lotulelei NT = 2
Milliner CB = 1
Joeckel OT = 1 (I guess most have him going earlier)

I'm thinking Jordan, Fisher and Johnson all have to be Philly targets. I'd be very surprised if they picked someone else in this draft with the first pick. Joeckel shouldn't be available. Both Jordan and Johnson should be available. Jordan knows Kelly's expectations and has been developed for 5 years is the most athletic OLB available in the draft. Look at his body there is room to put on more weight. Fisher is questionable if he will be there, I actually like him over Joeckel. I think Star has dropped out top 5. Warmack's stamina had to be a turnoff for Kelly. Milliner doesn't have the ideal size Kelly likes at the position so I'd be surprised if he gets picked Birds would feel his talent outweighs his size.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.