Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Mayock fans out there?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
"I wouldn't want a top-10 pick this year. I think the fifth pick and the 25th pick in the draft are very similar." - NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock

Follow me ...

Quite a few of us have said that we want a differnce maker with that 4th pick. If Mayock is believed it could be better to trade down. What makes me question that is if the team decides a Joeckel of Warmack are important to the team after all the injuries last year.
nephillymike
Note he says top 10 and then say 5th and 25th are the same.

Does that mean 1-4 have good players a step above the others from 5 on down?

I like Mayock and he may be right. However, I want to see the draft rating grades (not rankings but grades) given to the early first round picks before deciding that. for instance, if they have Joeckel and two others as future multiple pro bowl prospects and a drop off to solid starter after the top three, then OK, he is prob right. In that case, we sit there at four, if any of the three muliple PB players are there when we pick, we take him, if not, then we can trade down.

I have to look for some rating sites to see what they have. It could be they wait until after the combines to update those. We'll see.
mcnabbulous
Why would anyone want to trade up? That's the problem.

The only hope is that some team wants Geno Smith and he's on the board at 4. That gives us some leverage. Otherwise, I can't imagine us moving out.

Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 23 2013, 02:25 PM) *
Why would anyone want to trade up? That's the problem.

Because there are too many people in the world to count who believe they are smarter than everyone else.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 23 2013, 08:25 PM) *
The only hope is that some team wants Geno Smith and he's on the board at 4. That gives us some leverage. Otherwise, I can't imagine us moving out.

laugh.gif

Too bad you're not running some team's draft. You're the ONLY one who sees Geno Smith as worthy of a first rounder, let alone #4.
Dreagon
For all the doubts about QBs in this draft, I think there are a couple of offensive and defensive linemen definitely worth a top 10 pick in this draft.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 24 2013, 05:48 PM) *
laugh.gif

Too bad you're not running some team's draft. You're the ONLY one who sees Geno Smith as worthy of a first rounder, let alone #4.

Certainly we can have an expedited wager on Geno's draft position. Top-10 work for you as the over/under?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.