Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yay! Someone agrees with me
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Lewis should replace Shady or, to a lesser degree, even Bryce Brown. But, the times we've seen him he's performed pretty well. If the Eagles are now going to be a "run first" offense I don't see why there couldn't be a three-headed monster.

Lewis is listed at 5'8", 195 lb. and some say that height is generous. He's short but stoudt. Behind a big OL he'll be lost. He's got moves and has shown surprising power for his diminutive stature. IMO he'd be a nice change from Shady and Brown.

Link ...
VICKtory
QUOTE (Zero @ Feb 22 2013, 08:23 AM) *
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Lewis should replace Shady or, to a lesser degree, even Bryce Brown. But, the times we've seen him he's performed pretty well. If the Eagles are now going to be a "run first" offense I don't see why there couldn't be a three-headed monster.

Lewis is listed at 5'8", 195 lb. and some say that height is generous. He's short but stoudt. Behind a big OL he'll be lost. He's got moves and has shown surprising power for his diminutive stature. IMO he'd be a nice change from Shady and Brown.

Link ...

Personally I think Polk will put up bigger numbers than Lewis this year. Call me crazy but if he stays healthy he is a bigger change of pace back being bigger and able to lower the boom on defenders both while running and pass blocking. I'm interested to see what Kelly does with him. I'm expecting multiple sets with two RB's in the game at once.
D Rock
Yeah. I gotta agree. Lewis is just a guy. I wouldn't take any carries away from either shady or brown for Lewis. There's nothing there. Polk is 3rd in my book.
nephillymike
I liked what Lewis did when given the chance.

I don't remember Polk at all last year.

I know I was happy that we got him as UDFA, but he was an UDFA with significant previous shoulder problems from lowering the boom!

If anything, let them fight it out.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 22 2013, 12:33 PM) *
I liked what Lewis did when given the chance.

I don't remember Polk at all last year.

I know I was happy that we got him as UDFA, but he was an UDFA with significant previous shoulder problems from lowering the boom!

If anything, let them fight it out.

I don't think Polk ever saw the field and I'm not sure he ever dressed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.