Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dennis Dixon
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
iggleslover49
Ok... NOW the QB picture gets interesting. That's two mobile QB's vs. Foles. But the thought of Dennis Dixon excites me. This is going to be an interesting offseason. I'm thinking Dixon will be a serious contender for starter.
nephillymike
I'm sorry.

But why get excited about a guy who was drafted in the 5th round in 2008, threw 59 passes in the NFL in five seasons, who, was not deemed good enough to be on an NFL active roster at the end of the year. 96 rostered QB's in the NFL and he wasn't one of them!

59 passes with a career rating of 71.4.

Visions of doug Pederson teaching McNabb Andy's system come to mind.

I don't mind the signing per se, as it add to the intrigue, but he's got nothing.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 14 2013, 09:09 PM) *
I'm sorry.

But why get excited about a guy who was drafted in the 5th round in 2008, threw 59 passes in the NFL in five seasons, who, was not deemed good enough to be on an NFL active roster at the end of the year. 96 rostered QB's in the NFL and he wasn't one of them!

I don't mind the signing per se, as it add to the intrigue, but he's got nothing.

His College career with Kelly intrigues me. Had a shot at the Hiesman Trophy before he got hurt. This is just the beginning of the QB competition. The question is now what we do in the draft. But no doubt this signing puts pressure on Vick and Foles to come in camp sharp and on their A game.
D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 15 2013, 02:09 AM) *
I'm sorry.

He'd a been a first rounder were it not for a torn ACL 5 months prior to the draft. It's no shame being unable to unseat Ben Toothlessburger in the burgh.
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 15 2013, 02:38 PM) *
He'd a been a first rounder were it not for a torn ACL 5 months prior to the draft. It's no shame being unable to unseat Ben Toothlessburger in the burgh.

He played pro baseball in 2007.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.