Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Server Upgrade Incoming
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
Greetings, due to increased traffic (on all of my sites, not just this one), we have experienced a few issues with the sever in the past couple of months. I am upgrading the server today to resolve this issue.

There will be a small disruption is service as we switch over, and you may see missing post when we get on the other side.

I'll update this thread with information as I get it.

mcnabbulous
I assume this is why one of the threads had a few posts go missing. It's too bad because I was owning DRock in there. smile.gif

Thanks for all the hard work, X.
nephillymike
Yeah my post busting on Eyrie got zapped.

Something about stopping by the pub and having a few Smithwicks before posting.

Unless, Eyrie has some sinister connections and it disappeared for other reasons??????
Rick
Sweet!
Zero
I had posted all the winning lottery numbers for the next week. I guess that got zapped too.
xsv
Server upgrade is complete. CPU utilization wend down from an average of 65% to 4%. I guess that's a good sign.

It also means that everything needs to be php 5.3 compliant. I'm not sure everything will be, so if you find functionality that worked previously that doens't now, let me know.
mcnabbulous
Here is a random, unrelated thing I've noticed. When I post from an iOS device, sometimes it doesn't include line breaks. Has anyone else noticed this?

I just found it odd.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 14 2013, 08:52 PM) *
I assume this is why one of the threads had a few posts go missing. It's too bad because I was owning DRock in there. smile.gif

Thanks for all the hard work, X.

You're lucky the evidence of your rhetorical ass whompin has gone the way of your once sound logic.

---poof---

a14.gif
Phits
QUOTE (xsv @ Feb 14 2013, 05:49 PM) *
Server upgrade is complete. CPU utilization wend down from an average of 65% to 4%. I guess that's a good sign.

It also means that everything needs to be php 5.3 compliant. I'm not sure everything will be, so if you find functionality that worked previously that doens't now, let me know.

Professor X, is the hardware physical or virtual? was the upgrade for h/w or s/w?
xsv
QUOTE (Phits @ Feb 14 2013, 09:35 PM) *
Professor X, is the hardware physical or virtual? was the upgrade for h/w or s/w?

This was a hardware change. I moved all of my sites (~50) to a better server. The server I was on was maxed out on cpu, so I upgraded to an octo-core.
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 14 2013, 10:01 PM) *
Yeah my post busting on Eyrie got zapped.

Something about stopping by the pub and having a few Smithwicks before posting.

Unless, Eyrie has some sinister connections and it disappeared for other reasons??????

The tent-catcher is innocent!

On the other hand, I wouldn't trust that bastard Aquila an inch .... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.