Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How about that Howie Roseman!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
First of all, fuck Rat Man Banner! That made me feel better.

Roseman is a kid who has worked his way into a job/profession that is usually reserved or football lifers. The jury is still out on him, but some of the same traits that we've been crowing about with Kelly seem to be surfacing with the kid.

Most importantly, we now see that he's apparently not afraid to surround himself with people who could challenge him and his opinions. Hmmm, that doesn't sound like what we've been seeing the past 14 years or so. He's apparently a more friendly face/voice with the players and their agents than the above named prick who now resides in Cleveland. And, he's young.

Youth, not only do the Eagles have a young team and will likely be getting younger, they have a young front office ... except for Bilbo, I mean Jeffrey. This is another reason why I'm excited to watch this team develop. If they're successful they could well be successful for a long time.
GQSmooth
He is smarter than we give credit for. For the last year I've been bitching about the lack of personnel person around to check him. Glad to see he recognized it was needed last year. I mean he has great consultants available but none of those guys were full time. Have to wonder if Nnamdi and DRC would have happened with Gamble on staff?

One other thing, no way you can call Lurie cheap. The largest coaching staff, a bunch of guys consulting in personnel and I'm sure the staff is not taking cheap salaries either. I expect more moves after the draft because I'm sure Kelly will want innovation on the personnel side and will question how and why we do things over there.
nephillymike
I like Howie.

The fact that he isn't Banner is a huge plus. I did not like that SOB.

It is good sign for them to get a pure football guy in here in Gamble.

As far as cheap or not, while i do not believe they are cheap, they did have $20+Mill of unspent cap money from last year, which is a decent piece of the pie.

Raising prices off a 4-12 year with $20 M unspent, not the best PR move. They haven't raised them in a while and they were probably due, but I'd feel better about it if they had spent their cap. Although their FA forays have been mostly a bust lately, I would like to believe $20M of cap, if used wisely could have made our season less of a disaster.

On the other hand, be careful of Howie being too nice to the players and re-upping guys who don't deserve it. Some of those decisions haven't been wise.

D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 14 2013, 06:06 PM) *
I like Howie.

The fact that he isn't Banner is a huge plus. I did not like that SOB.

It is good sign for them to get a pure football guy in here in Gamble.

As far as cheap or not, while i do not believe they are cheap, they did have $20+Mill of unspent cap money from last year, which is a decent piece of the pie.

Raising prices off a 4-12 year with $20 M unspent, not the best PR move. They haven't raised them in a while and they were probably due, but I'd feel better about it if they had spent their cap. Although their FA forays have been mostly a bust lately, I would like to believe $20M of cap, if used wisely could have made our season less of a disaster.

On the other hand, be careful of Howie being too nice to the players and re-upping guys who don't deserve it. Some of those decisions haven't been wise.

100% agreed on all, save your last point.

I think we all would have agreed with re-upping Cole, DJax and Herremins last off season. Who would you point to as an example of one who didn't deserve an extension?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.