Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tom Gamble hired as VP of Player Personnel
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
This is fantastic news. He has been an huge part of building the roster in SF. I'm ecstatic.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 13 2013, 02:05 PM) *
This is fantastic news. He has been an huge part of building the roster in SF. I'm ecstatic.

The last few times, we got excited over a big name hire, ended up contributing to the final nails in the coffin of the Andy Reid era.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Feb 13 2013, 02:19 PM) *
The last few times, we got excited over a big name hire, ended up contributing to the final nails in the coffin of the Andy Reid era.

Hiring proven personnel people is a bit different, but I understand your point. I've felt that Howie needed some more football people in the personnel group, so this satiates that need...and then some.
HobbEs
Any relation to Harry Gamble?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Feb 13 2013, 04:28 PM) *
Any relation to Harry Gamble?

Son
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 13 2013, 02:27 PM) *
Hiring proven personnel people is a bit different, but I understand your point. I've felt that Howie needed some more football people in the personnel group, so this satiates that need...and then some.

I was speaking of Washburn, Mudd, April, Jauron etc...

I get the excitement, but I'm going to temper mine and stay neutral.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Feb 13 2013, 05:30 PM) *
I was speaking of Washburn, Mudd, April, Jauron etc...

I know, which is why I specified "personnel." We're on the same page. Cautious optimism is always recommended with this organization.

As Geoff Mosher tweeted: Gamble scouted college for Niners past 3 years. In those 3 years they've drafted Kaepernick, Ald. Smith, Iupati, Bowman, Anthony Davis.

That's better than we've done smile.gif
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 13 2013, 07:05 PM) *

to bad we didn't hire him before some asshat decided to re-up mike phuqing vick.

wasted season, here we come !!!!
Zero
It's beginning to look like that article claiming Howie was a Machiavellian prick was a Rat Man plant. If Gamble is as good as a lot of people are saying he could be this is coming at a perfect time with the fourth overall pick. The team has a lot of holes and good decisions are really important.

I'm feeling pretty good about the remake of this organization. From Kelly, both of his coordinators, his assistants and now Gamble there's quite a bit of positive non-Philadelphia comments in the press.

This could be fun. I'm excited to see how things develop.

chuckp
QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 13 2013, 07:10 PM) *
to bad we didn't hire him before some asshat decided to re-up mike phuqing vick.

wasted season, here we come !!!!

Ha Ha Maybe there is a chance we can trade Vick now that we hired Gamble
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.