Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do the Eagles need to do for Vick to succeed
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Mike_ G
If the Eagles dont want to have a repeat of last season some serious changes need to happen. We hired a new head coach to help start the fire, the O-Line needs work (credit major injuries didnt help), and the most polarzing topic... the QB situation. Let me give you a little run down.

The Eagles currently have three QBs on the rooster:
1.Vick
2.Foles
3.Edwards

An overrated starter with a big contract and not so big arm, the lightly tested youngster who hasnt started a NFL season, and the veteran who is at the end of his career.

With the 4th pick in the upcoming draft we can go many ways. The question I bring to the table is this... If the Eagles keep Vick what do we need to do to make sure he can win???
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Mike_ G @ Feb 10 2013, 01:52 PM) *
If the Eagles keep Vick what do we need to do to make sure he can win???

this is a toke jopic right? ok i will play along

they will need to teach Vick how to stop fumbling (no sweat)

they will need to teach him how to stay healthy for a whole season

they will need to teach him how to stop getting concussions

they would need to have the best Oline Vick has ever had

he will need an top-5 defense

he will need a top-5 running game

throw in some kickass special teams play

he needs to have an Oline coach who can make DL pressure a thing of the past

he would need a very good to top notch WR core with big, fast guys who can muscle on the outside and outjump DBs, speedy little guys who can run all the underneath routes and a TE who is one of the best in the league at blocking and receiving

lastly he will need a better QB to come in and start for him just in case....y'know....one or more of the above doesnt pan out like we hoped

then Vick will finally get a SB ring!!

BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Mike_ G @ Feb 10 2013, 01:52 PM) *
An overrated starter with a big contract and not so big arm,

one last thing....Vick can still throw the ball outta the stadium if need be. his accuracy once it lands is not as good as it once was tho
iggleslover49
You already know what everyone is gonna say on this one; cut him. But I say teach him how to better secure the ball when he runs. Some time this offseason he needs to work with Duece on how to hold the ball high and tight.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Feb 10 2013, 04:25 PM) *
Vick will finally get a SB ring!!

When he is playing for some team other than the Eagles.

I firmly believe Eagles are doomed to never win a super bowl. And I mean, never.
D Rock
What the Eagle's need to do in order for Vick to succeed is get the guy an insurance franchise. Cause that martha focker aint ever going to succeed as a quarterback.

Rick
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Feb 10 2013, 04:27 PM) *
one last thing....Vick can still throw the ball outta the stadium if need be. his accuracy once it lands is not as good as it once was tho

As it once was!!?? It was ALWAYS bad! He's actually been MORE accurate with the Eagles and he still isn't accurate.
Rick
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Feb 10 2013, 04:39 PM) *
You already know what everyone is gonna say on this one; cut him. But I say teach him how to better secure the ball when he runs. Some time this offseason he needs to work with Duece on how to hold the ball high and tight.

So teach him NOT to do something he's done his whole career?

Cut him and be done. Stop with the experiment. He's not a great QB...never will be.
Eyrie
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Feb 10 2013, 09:25 PM) *

he would need a very good to top notch WR core with big, fast guys who can muscle on the outside and outjump DBs, speedy little guys who can run all the underneath routes and a TE who is one of the best in the league at blocking and receiving

lastly he will need a better QB to come in and start for him just in case....y'know....one or more of the above doesnt pan out like we hoped

Perfectly stated.
bwc2112
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Feb 10 2013, 04:25 PM) *

I hope you are right on all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.