Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What football team has the best defense overall in the past 10 years?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Sebastianebilly
What football team has the best defense overall in the past 10 years?
TGryn
Depends. Do you mean an opinion, or statistically? If the latter, do you define "best" by fewest points given up or fewest yards given up?
Dreagon
I think that to answer that truthfully you would have to take the stats with a grain of salt and really look at what defenses rose to the occasion when it mattered in big games over the years. It could be argued, for instance, that the Giants defense truly deserved the MVP in both Superbowls they were in lately. Eli did good, but he wasn't the one who held a NE offense that had been averaging thirty five points to under seventeen.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (Sebastianebilly @ Feb 6 2013, 10:14 PM) *

The Browns. Most noteably during the period under the outstanding coaching skill of Davis ...

So it's a dream. Rather dream good than have nightmares, right ?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Sebastianebilly @ Feb 6 2013, 10:14 PM) *

Judging a defense or offense by yards is beyond stupid and makes me pull my hair out.

Last I checked, it was points that determined games. And Pittsburgh has hands down the best overall defense over the last 10 years - the Ravens are a close second (ironically this was one of their worst defensive seasons in memory).
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Feb 7 2013, 02:06 PM) *
Judging a defense or offense by yards is beyond stupid and makes me pull my hair out.

Last I checked, it was points that determined games. And Pittsburgh has hands down the best overall defense over the last 10 years - the Ravens are a close second (ironically this was one of their worst defensive seasons in memory).

Have to agree there. I wouldn't care if the opponent production was 1,000 yards in a game, as long as our D held them to one less point then us.

And if teams like Pburgh and Bmore can have perennial good D production, why the hell can't we ? Pisses me off.

But I'm not going to be pulling out any of my own hair about it. Only a crazy person would do that. But I might do something else equally stupid, but my hair ? No, no, uh, uh... Too little left these days to throw it away on something as ugly as a sucky way to measure D production.

Go birds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.