Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Keith Byars was a "medical reject", but besides that minor detail:
Buddy Ryan was often too brazen for deception, content with telling you what he was going to do, how he was going to do it, just try and stop him. It may be a small reason why his Eagles team left Phoenix for Chicago and eventually lost to the Bears on what became the foggiest day in sports history. But Howie Roseman just proved that he can be a strategist, a tactician, a solid arranger of chess pieces, and maybe a little foggy in his own right, a man capable of smoke screens. If he and Kelly are working from a playbook written nearly 2500 years ago, then expect them to follow this Tzu-ism: "These military devices, leading to victory, must not be divulged beforehand." In other words, expect Roseman and Kelly never to tip their collective hand.

(名)連接, 結合; 挽住, 勾住; 聯繫; 連接起來; 聯繫在一起 ...
Eyrie
Not quite sure how "Ultimate excellence lies not in winning every battle but in defeating the enemy without ever fighting" translates into the NFL.

From what I've read on Kelly though, he will be closer to Sun Tzu than Reid who took an approach more in tune with the theories of Giulio Douhet and Billy Mitchell.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 2 2013, 06:56 AM) *
From what I've read on Kelly though, he will be closer to Sun Tzu than Reid who took an approach more in tune with the theories of Giulio Douhet and Billy Mitchell.

Now this may be the best and funniest post I have ever seen here........excellent post.....I never thought I would see Douhet used in a post here.

I will laugh all day.
mcnabbulous
I can admit that I had no idea who that was until I looked it up, but damn that is amazing. Bravo, Eyrie!
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 2 2013, 06:56 AM) *

laugh.gif

Dreagon
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 2 2013, 10:14 AM) *
I can admit that I had no idea who that was until I looked it up, but damn that is amazing. Bravo, Eyrie!

Same here laugh.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Feb 2 2013, 02:13 PM) *
Same here laugh.gif

Add me to this.

WTF did the Scot get that one?

I wonder if the calls for the "ground game" were as loud as they were here at times?

"Correre la maledetto truppe, Giulio !!"
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 2 2013, 02:54 PM) *
Add me to this.

WTF did the Scot get that one?

I wonder if the calls for the "ground game" were as loud as they were here at times?

"Correre la maledetto truppe, Giulio !!"

The Italians under him always complained he was too predictable and he should've used the infantry more, and the press conferences were a snoozefest.
nephillymike
I bet after he lost an air battle he never told Mussolini that he needed to do a better job.
Zero
The tent post hijacked my post! laugh.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 2 2013, 02:59 PM) *
I bet after he lost an air battle he never told Mussolini that he needed to do a better job.

He kept calling the correct aerial attack, but his bombers kept coming up just short of their intended targets. It's tough to plan for that wink.gif
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 2 2013, 04:00 PM) *
He kept calling the correct aerial attack, but his bombers kept coming up just short of their intended targets. It's tough to plan for that wink.gif

Douhet's tactics were known to work against far inferior armies with little to no air force.....however, when it came time to fight against elite armies, his side would win less than half the time..... wink.gif
D Rock
And he was fatter than . . . er . . . well . . . he was FAT!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.