Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Decision on Vick not expected soon
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora reported Monday that the Eagles will not decide whether to keep or release Vick by Feb. 6. That date is important because if Vick is on the roster on Feb. 6, he is guaranteed $3 million of next season’s $16.5 million salary. But La Canfora reported that the Eagles are not worried about the pseudo-deadline.

It appears that the inevitable dismissal of Vick isn't as clear cut as we thought............

LINK CBSSPORTS
mcnabbulous
I'm curious about what variables will impact the ultimate decision. Unless they think they might be able to trade him, which seems unlikely.

I can't imagine what additional info they need.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 28 2013, 08:58 PM) *
I'm curious about what variables will impact the ultimate decision. Unless they think they might be able to trade him, which seems unlikely.

I can't imagine what additional info they need.

Vick's unwillingness to re-structure his contract has me scratching my head too. Makes me think something else is going on in the background.
mcnabbulous
FWIW, Jeff McLane just tweeted that the Eagles will only owe Vick that $3M if no other team signs him or pays him at least that much. So they can basically hold on to him until Free Agency with little to no penalty.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 28 2013, 10:25 PM) *
FWIW, Jeff McLane just tweeted that the Eagles will only owe Vick that $3M if no other team signs him or pays him at least that much. So they can basically hold on to him until Free Agency with little to no penalty.

If that's the case, it's a no brainer to keep him for now.

Maybe he can get us a decent pick.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 28 2013, 10:25 PM) *

what's the cap hit for retaining his services vs cutting him? considering our new found cap development.
Mike_ G
Whats the thoughts on the niners letting alex smith go? Possible replacement for Vick? Or maybe spend a third round pick?
Phits
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 28 2013, 08:53 PM) *
It appears that the inevitable dismissal of Vick isn't as clear cut as we thought............

LINK CBSSPORTS

Apparently The Eagles would owe Vick the money only if no one else picked him up or if someone signed him for less than $3 million
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 30 2013, 02:32 PM) *

Yeah dude, that's what I said two days ago.

"FWIW, Jeff McLane just tweeted that the Eagles will only owe Vick that $3M if no other team signs him or pays him at least that much. So they can basically hold on to him until Free Agency with little to no penalty." - Me
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.