Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: QB Denard Robinson, Michigan
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
TGryn
Reports out of the Senior Bowl practices are that Michigan's Denard Robinson hasn't impressed as either a WR or returner after playing QB his entire career. He's an outstanding athlete - great speed, good arm - but not good accuracy, which is why he's being encouraged to switch positions. However, after watching his highlights, would he be a good fit if Kelly wants to run something like his Oregon offense here?:

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt...n_denard00.html

I'm thinking maybe spend a low-round pick on the kid, then stash him on the inactives or PS for 2013 while Shurmur works on his mechanics.
Zero
I wonder how long this option type offense is going to last in the NFL. Look what happened to RGIII. QBs are too important to teams to risk their health by having them exposed to severe hits with frequency ... unless teams use multiple QBs.
nephillymike
Here's what I would do as a DC to expedite its exit.

Everytime the QB comes around the end with ball in hand or with ball out of hand because he just handed it off in his option read, I tell my DE that his sole responsibility is to put a woolick tackle on the QB, if he has the ball or not.

If he doesn't, well he just fooled me into thinking he did.

If he has it, then it's my job anyway.

While that strategy may be disallowed after a period of time, from a strategy point a QB who is a runner and runs the read option needs to be thought of as a valid threat and should be fair game for a hit everytime he runs that play.

IN HS and college, option QB's get hit all the time, with or without the ball. In the Pros, RB's get hit all the time on a play action without the ball. QB's should not be any different.

Hit them early and hit them often.

If successful, the read option will go the way of the chuck and duck.
Zero
Much better way of making my point, mike.
Eyrie
Mikey, you have a very nasty streak devil03.gif

As regards Robinson, if his accuracy is that big an issue he would appear to be a poor fit for Kelly. Sounds like Vick without the salary or experience.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jan 27 2013, 05:54 AM) *
Mikey, you have a very nasty streak devil03.gif

As regards Robinson, if his accuracy is that big an issue he would appear to be a poor fit for Kelly. Sounds like Vick without the salary or experience.

Can accuracy be coached? Cause I know that speed and athleticism can't. Guys are running wide open in the backfield because they can't run man to man without denard burning them with the run. Difference between him and Vick, he knows how to hold the ball.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.