Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Revis Island Up For Sale
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
They are saying that Revis can be had for some picks.

He's coming off surgery. Has a high price tag.

But we need some CB's.

Would you?

Knowing we'd have to pay his high salary, what is the package of picks you offer?
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 24 2013, 08:48 PM) *
They are saying that Revis can be had for some picks.

He's coming off surgery. Has a high price tag.

But we need some CB's.

Would you?

Knowing we'd have to pay his high salary, what is the package of picks you offer?

Yes. Maybe our first next year and a combination of player(s)/lower picks this year.
mcnabbulous
We aren't close enough to justify a move like this. I hope we get back to building through the draft (assuming we can actually make smart decisions on draft day.)
Dreagon
Didn't yall just go down this road with Aso?
HobbEs
I'd give them a conditional 3rd rounder or maybe a 4th and Nnamdi. No way in hell I give up a 1st for a guy coming off knee surgery.
HobbEs
I'd give them a conditional 3rd rounder or maybe a 4th and Nnamdi. No way in hell I give up a 1st for a guy coming off knee surgery.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 25 2013, 12:17 AM) *

Yes. No Revis for picks, unless we're getting an obvious bargain.
make_it_rain
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 25 2013, 12:17 AM) *

This. No thanks Jeff, at least not at the price the Jets will be asking.
Dreagon
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 25 2013, 09:48 AM) *
Yes. No Revis for picks, unless we're getting an obvious bargain.

With the new rookie wage scale, I'm not sure there are many veterans out there worth more than one high pick. Not when you can get a high first round talent for a fraction of the free agents wages.
GQSmooth
Revis is coming off an ACL. I find it hard to believe how anyone could forsee how Revis can do prior to the draft. The Jets are cap strapped and want to eliminate their risk. He would be a one year rental and keep in mind a healthy Samuel was obtained for 7th so why should an injured CB whose potential is unknown go for significantly more?
Pbfan
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 25 2013, 11:08 AM) *
With the new rookie wage scale, I'm not sure there are many veterans out there worth more than one high pick. Not when you can get a high first round talent for a fraction of the free agents wages.

That talent is a lot less proven than a free agent, especially one like Revis, even if he is coming off of knee surgery. I would like him, and I would say that giving up our first round pick this year could be justified, but I don't think we need him THAT badly. I still believe that if Namdi is in the right system, he can still play well. So many of bad plays last year were coverage driven and truly the fault of the saftey.
Eyrie
There were times last year when Asomugha made Bobby Taylor look like Dawkins. I think DRC will survive, but not our overpaid and oft-burnt ex-Raider.
Rick
Revis is now saying he wants more money than the dude in Buffalo just got.

Sorry but I think Revis is just too much trouble. First, we have no idea how he comes back from the injury. He could be great...or not. Second, it seems like every season he complains about what he's making and wants to renegotiate. While I understand it (to a point), you can't keep doing this and not affect your team.

I'd pass on him. Let someone else deal with this every season.
Zero
QUOTE (Rick @ Jan 27 2013, 02:02 PM) *
I'd pass on him. Let someone else deal with this every season.

After review ... I agree.
JaxEagle
High price for a player coming off major injury. No thank you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.