Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rumor Mill (AKA Rumour Mill)
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
According to Gargano today, there is talk of N.O. going with a 3-4 and if so Spags could be out as he is a 4-3 DC.

That out may be our in.

Any Interest??
nephillymike
Wow!

No longer a rumor.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/...or-3-4-defense/
Zero
Spags did well in NY, crashed in St. Louis as HC and the Saints D stunk last year. I dunno.
Zero
I just read this:
The Saints ranked last in the NFL in total yards allowed (the highest-single season total in NFL history), first downs, rushing yards and rushing yards per attempt. They ranked 31st in passing yards and near the bottom in both passing and rushing touchdowns allowed and sacks.
That said, he's shown he's a good coach. If he doesn't get any DC offers I'd definitely offer him a job on the defense somewhere.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 25 2013, 05:59 AM) *
I just read this:
That said, he's shown he's a good coach. If he doesn't get any DC offers I'd definitely offer him a job on the defense somewhere.

arent we going to a 3-4 as well?
Zero
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Jan 25 2013, 07:16 AM) *
arent we going to a 3-4 as well?

I don't think it's been announced. I'm guessing it will be a combination depending on situation.
TGryn
This was a pretty damning testimonial on Spags from an "unnamed" Saints D player:
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/...layer_stev.html
Zero
QUOTE (TGryn @ Jan 25 2013, 08:03 AM) *
This was a pretty damning testimonial on Spags from an "unnamed" Saints D player:
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/...layer_stev.html

Wow!
The player said it wasn't just wasn't Spagnuolo's scheme that rubbed players the wrong way. It was Spagnuolo as a coach and a person.

"He does have that good-guy persona, but he is a control freak and treats people like crap," the player said. "(Spagnuolo has) no patience and zero personality. (He) has a way of pissing players and our defensive coaches off with how he says and does things. (I) think it's even harder after having (former defensive coordinator) Gregg (Williams), who guys enjoyed."

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 25 2013, 09:14 AM) *
Wow!

I guess he should've offered them some bounties.....
Rick
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 25 2013, 10:47 AM) *
I guess he should've offered them some bounties.....

LMAO!!!!
GQSmooth
Eagles are definitely going 3-4. The one defense that messed up Chip Kelly in the past year was Stanford. That defense was installed by Vic Fangio who is now SF Def. Coord.. Eagles can't get him so they are getting Donatell. Furthermore what Oregon has done in the past is a hybrid 3-4 so look for a combination of what Kelly was doing in Oregon and what Stanford and the 49ers have done. Not directly related to the Birds but this link probably shows Kelly's thinking. Stanford d controls Oregon
D Rock
We offered him a job that he refused 2 years ago. He chose the aints. Karma's a bitch. Fuck Him.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jan 25 2013, 05:52 PM) *
We offered him a job that he refused 2 years ago. He chose the aints. Karma's a bitch. Fuck Him.

I was thinking the very same thing
chuckp
Howard Eskin tweeted that he heard its not going to be Donatell but thinks it will be Grantham after college national signing day.....which would be a dick move in my opinion.
nephillymike
Eskin's tweets are working now since he was surgically removed from Reid's butt?
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 25 2013, 11:09 PM) *
Eskin's tweets are working now since he was surgically removed from Reid's butt?
Eskin's a twit.
nephillymike
If I remember correctly, didn't the NYG D suck for the most of the 2007 year when Spags first went there? Then they caught lightning in a bottle and played really really well in the playoffs and got a bunch of DL pressure?

Then he got the Stl job and stunk it up and then the NO job where his D sucked and apparently hated him also.

I'm thinking he had a brief 7 week run and rode that to riches and has been pretty bad since.

Sounds like a QB I know.

Besides that year end run in 2007, has he done anything good? Even in Stl, weren't his D's pretty bad?

I'm thinking No to Spags, unless someone can convince me otherwise.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.