Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beginng to look like DC is on one of the SB teams
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Just a somewhat (logical?) hunch, but it sounds like the new DC is still working. Rumors about Ed Donatell are circulating. Anyway, here's something I thought was interesting about Kelly and his defense:
While both of Oregon’s Senior Bowl representatives are offensive players, Barner said Kelly is far from one-dimensional. The Eagles have yet to name a defensive coordinator. And while Kelly has said that he won’t be looking over the shoulder of his assistants on gamedays, expect him to be involved in all aspects of the team’s game-planning.“There were plenty of times where he just completely disappeared from the offensive side of the ball,” Barner said. “He was down on the defensive end. We were kind of like ‘Where’s Coach Kelly?’ so he’s very involved.”
Source ...

mcnabbulous
I'd be happy with Donatell. I like his resume and like the fact that he's part of one of the top defenses in football this year.

Interesting that he was the DC for 4th and 26.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 23 2013, 10:55 AM) *

But Freddie Mitchell is of no threat to him anymore, so we're safe
D Rock
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 23 2013, 06:00 PM) *
But Freddie Mitchell is of no threat to him

neither are his hands...
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 23 2013, 10:55 AM) *

I had read somewhere that Donatell had called the right coverage for that play but the rookie MLB was drawn out of position.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 23 2013, 05:30 PM) *
I had read somewhere that Donatell had called the right coverage for that play but the rookie MLB was drawn out of position.

I had read the same. Think it was Tommy Lawlor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.