Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welkers wife
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdman420
Comments made my welkers wife after the afc championship game:

“Proud of my husband and the Pats,” Burns Welker wrote. ”By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis’ Wikipedia page. 6 kids 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay. What a hall of fame player! A true role model!”

why would anyone apologise for this? Why is the truth overshadowed by athletics? Ray lewis is a POS in real life and people act as if he's a saint. So he learned how to make use of steroids to be one of the best linebackers in history

I’m deeply sorry for my recent post on Facebook,” Burns Welker wrote. “I let the competitiveness of the game and the comments people were making about a team I dearly love get the best of me. My actions were emotional and irrational and I sincerely apologize to Ray Lewis and anyone affected by my comment after yesterday’s game.”

Thoughts?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Jan 22 2013, 04:49 PM) *
why would anyone apologise for this? Why is the truth overshadowed by athletics? Ray lewis is a POS in real life and people act as if he's a saint. So he learned how to make use of steroids to be one of the best linebackers in history

Careful, keep talking truth like this and you'll invite irrational PMS from others members of this board.....

I assume you noticed the other thread that's been going back and forth, where my bottom line is that we all willfully (even if in denial) watch games played by a large number of societal parasites, therefore it's wasted energy to get upset specifically about Ray Lewis. After all, if Vick won us a Super Bowl, we'd be there on Broad Street praising his name - if he became a Cowboy when he re-entered the league, we'd wish for his death on the field.

That being said, pieces of shit deserve the selective wrath they get, and Ray Lewis has certainly earned his share. This may not have been the most tactful or timely way to get her point across, but there's nothing to apologize for.

As far as sincerity, this was a less sincere apology than the one Lance Armstrong just gave. I think someone from the league called Wes up and told him to tell her to apologize, or someone from the league called the Pats who called Wes and told him to tell her to apologize. That's my take - the last thing the league wants us bloodthirsty spectators to be reminded of before the Big Dance is that we willfully root for scum of the earth to win games for the teams we love. They'd rather stick to the 'Lewis's last game' and 'Harbaugh vs. Harbaugh' storylines.

HOUSEoPAIN
On a side note, the Phillies just picked up Delmon Young, who once threw a bat at an umpire, and last year was charged with a hate crime - after a homeless man asked him for money, he started yelling anti-Semitic slurs, and tackled another man who confronted him.

I hope he does really well this year! (I really do.....)
SLOiggles
The problem is that it creates a bad situation for her husband. When you're in the public eye like this, you have to maintain a sense of professionalism even if you're not the professional. I have nothing wrong with the words she chose to use because the truth is tough to argue against, however it can negatively affect someone like Welker if he hits the free agent market and potential teammates, coaches, etc all are worried that he shares the same sentiments as his wife or that she is going to spout off about one of them.

Essentially what it boils down to is that athletes and celebrities (their significant others included) should avoid social media like the plague. Nothing good comes from Twitter, Facebook, or any other medium for these people.
Phits
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Jan 22 2013, 04:49 PM) *
why would anyone apologise for this? Why is the truth overshadowed by athletics? Ray lewis is a POS in real life and people act as if he's a saint.

What do you know of Ray Lewis 'in real life" that makes you categorize him as a POS? shouldn't the criticism be pointed at the legal system? The favoritism that is given to those with the money to buy their freedom, is the root cause.

Ray Lewis made the move to turn witness against his two friends in exchange for the obstruction of justice plea. In effect, he decided to accept a misdemeanor for lying to the cops that he wasn’t there — the crime he did commit — and be let off the hook for two murders he didn’t. According to some, the prosecution’s case was so shoddy to that point that had Lewis not offered testimony (which was as valuable to his friends’ defense as it was to the prosecution because his version of the story corroborated their claims of self-defense) the case may have been thrown out by the judge.

Eventually, both Oakley and Sweeting were acquitted of all charges. To this day, no one has been convicted for the murders of Lollar and Baker.

Welker's wife should reserve her comments for her hubby's poor play in the AFCCG.
MistahNickells
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 22 2013, 09:46 PM) *
What do you know of Ray Lewis 'in real life" that makes you categorize him as a POS? shouldn't the criticism be pointed at the legal system? The favoritism that is given to those with the money to buy their freedom can do so, is the root cause.

Welker's wife should reserve her comments for her hubby's poor play in the AFCCG.

100% agree
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.