Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Washburn reportedly headed to Detroit, Castillo to Ravens
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
TGryn
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/...ions-pass-rush/

According to Mike Garafolo of USA Today, former Eagles assistant Jim Washburn will join the Lions as a defensive assistant, bringing his pass-rush expertise to a team that needs it. The Lions were 20th in the league in sacks (34), after finishing 10th in the league (41) the year before. Washburn and Schwartz worked together in Tennessee, and Jimís son Jeremiah was just promoted to offensive line coach in Detroit.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2013/1/...altimore-ravens

John Harbaugh announced today that Juan Castillo has joined the Baltimore Ravens as a consultant heading into the Super Bowl and will officially take the role of Running Game Coordinator next season.

Harbaugh and Castillo worked together in Philly.

Moral of the story: its not so much what you know as who you know.
SLOiggles
From what I was reading earlier, apparently Castillo has actually been helping with the running game the past few weeks. Interesting to note the outstanding job done by the Ravens rushing in the postseason. They're 2nd behind the 49ers and have topped 120 yards each game. Bernard Pierce has also emerged as a great between the tackles back up to Ray Rice as well. It's a shame that we had to get cute and move Castillo from where he was strong...OFFENSIVELY
JeeQ
Considering all Andy did to him this season you have to smile knowing Castillo is going to be part of a Super Bowl Championship team
JeeQ
Double Post biggrin.gif
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Jan 23 2013, 04:07 PM) *
Considering all Andy did to him this season you have to smile knowing Castillo is going to be part of a Super Bowl Championship team

Honestly, it was nothing personal from a fan's point of view - we just knew he was unqualified to be DC, and Andy was pulling a typical Andy. Then he threw him under the bus.....now as he wonder who our #4 pick will be (*ahem* I mean who our 2 second-round picks will be), Juan will get a ring.

mcnabbulous
When are people going to realize that JC only got the job because no one else wanted it (because of Washburn.)

This was never the plan. It was no different than the Redskins being forced to give their HC job to that dude who's name I can't even remember because they hired him as the OC first and no one wanted the job after the fact.

The mismanagement was hiring Washburn prior to naming a DC. Not giving the DC nod to Castillo (who in hindsight, didn't do any worse than the "more qualified" Bowles.)
JaxEagle
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 23 2013, 04:47 PM) *
Honestly, it was nothing personal from a fan's point of view - we just knew he was unqualified to be DC, and Andy was pulling a typical Andy. Then he threw him under the bus.....now as he wonder who our #4 pick will be (*ahem* I mean who our 2 second-round picks will be), Juan will get a ring.

It wasn't personal, I agree. However, I thought our defense was night and day better with Juan than without Juan.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.