Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Not drinking the chip kelly kook aid
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
chefalan23
I'm not a big fan of college coachings crossing over to the nfl and getting a hc job right off the bat. Take Steve spurrier for example. This retard (and yes, he's a retard. I've met him) coaches one of the best college teams in the country. He's the best coach the shamecocks will ever have, and couldn't produce shit in Washington. Pete carrol is an exception to the rule, but I've never liked college coaches or retired coaches trying to make a comeback. Before you give a guy like chip a hc job, see how he does as a coordinator first.
D Rock
Rut Roh

Now Chip's gonna have a tough time sleeping.

the ole balls coach is, was and will always be a twit. that said, his time w the foreskinz was never going to work simply because of the little telemarketer running the show.

They finally drafted a decent player in RGIII and then they let shanny (another card carrying twit) fuck him up by playing him on a gimpy knee. the poor SOB is damaged goods now.

Carrol was an NFL H.C. before his success at USC so that too is a moot comparison.

Chip might sink. He might swim. But I'll wait until we see the on field product before judging the hire.
Phits
I bet the ratio of NFL assistants or coordinators who become first time HC flame-outs is about the same as these college types. How many Eagles assistants from the Reid era have found success as a HC? Even the great Bill Beli-cheat needed another go around before finding his groove with the Patsies.

I'll give it time and see how he does, until then I'm on board of the Chip Express.
samaroo
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 21 2013, 06:15 PM) *
I bet the ratio of NFL assistants or coordinators who become first time HC flame-outs is about the same as these college types. How many Eagles assistants from the Reid era have found success as a HC? Even the great Bill Beli-cheat needed another go around before finding his groove with the Patsies.

I'll give it time and see how he does, until then I'm on board of the Chip Express.

This.

Like I said earlier, I feel better about this now than I did at first, having done some reading up on ol' Chippy. But it's just nice to get a fresh start, y'know? I'm looking forward to this season more than I have in a long time, even though I'm not expecting us to compete at a high level. I imagine this must be how a "recovered" addict must feel after treatment. Food tastes better, colors a brighter, and I swear I hear more birds singing!
bebina
There is a stark difference between Chip and Steve. Steve sees the game of football as a job, he does not live it 24/7. He is a good football mind but its not his passion he's admitted as much in interviews. He didn't put in the work needed to run the team he's a football in season guy. His offseason is spent with family,etc. and theres nothing wrong with that. Chip on the other hand is football 24/7, its his passion, he's a first in last out kind of guy. Now that doesn't mean he'll succeed but I would stop comparing him to Spurrier. It makes YOU look like a what's a good word oh yeah RETARD.
Phits
QUOTE (samaroo @ Jan 21 2013, 06:43 PM) *
This.

Like I said earlier, I feel better about this now than I did at first, having done some reading up on ol' Chippy. But it's just nice to get a fresh start, y'know? I'm looking forward to this season more than I have in a long time, even though I'm not expecting us to compete at a high level. I imagine this must be how a "recovered" addict must feel after treatment. Food tastes better, colors a brighter, and I swear I hear more birds singing!

+1
Zero
QUOTE (chefalan23 @ Jan 21 2013, 03:27 PM) *
I'm not a big fan of college coachings crossing over to the nfl and getting a hc job right off the bat. Take Steve spurrier for example. This retard (and yes, he's a retard. I've met him) coaches one of the best college teams in the country. He's the best coach the shamecocks will ever have, and couldn't produce shit in Washington. Pete carrol is an exception to the rule, but I've never liked college coaches or retired coaches trying to make a comeback. Before you give a guy like chip a hc job, see how he does as a coordinator first.

I don't blame you, but I don't agree either. Hey, this could all be smoke and mirrors, but Kelly's saying the right things and seems to be doing the right things so far.

He wants people around him who have different ideas than he does as well as coaches who he knows and trusts. That doesn't make him a good coach, but it makes him smart in my view. He lives football, Spurrier was a part timer, an egoist and a dick head. Kelly wants to learn from anyone who can teach him new things. He wants to formulate his systems to compliment his players ... novel, huh? He believes in "team" over "me" ... football is the ultimate team endeavor.

He may end up sucking as a HC but I'm on the band wagon and willing to give him time to either prove he can or can't do the job. The more I read about the man the more I'm feeling down right chipper.
samaroo
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 21 2013, 09:04 PM) *
The more I read about the man the more I'm feeling down right chipper.

I read this while drinking, and for the first time in a long time, spat liquid out due to a laugh. Thanks! cheers.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.