Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best coach and best QB...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
mcnabbulous
Still no Superbowl since Spygate.
Dreagon
Well, the Giants showed the blueprint for beating the Patriots and the Raven's just followed it...Outmuscle them, beat them up, then beat them down.

Now it's going to be the Harbaugh Bowl...a game I damn sure don't intend to miss.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 20 2013, 09:41 PM) *

Funny about that coincidence eh?

F them.

Balt + 8-1/2 paid off nicely.
Bez
Interesting game SF and Atlanta. SF would probably have lost if that linebacker hadn't made sure to drop his full body weight onto Ryan . That was the play that really ended it. IT reminds me of a more blatant move Siragusa made on Oakland in their last SB winning season during the playoffs. He literally did a belly flop on the QB.
Dreagon
Of course now that the Patriots aren't going to be in the Super Bowl, I don't know who to root against.

I normally just root for our conference, but as a Dallas fan I've always been a little conflicted about the Niners. I hated them for obvious reasons back in the eighties, but even I had to admire Montana. On the other hand, this ain't that team.

I normally don't have much feeling for the Ravens, one way or the other, although I wasn't impressed with the way that Modell did Cleveland. Still, they just beat up the Pats which sorta makes them my heroes for the week.

Gonna have to think about this one.
samaroo
Ray Lewis is a murdering a$$hole. Go Jim! Plus, the Ravens have the ugliest uniforms.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (samaroo @ Jan 21 2013, 03:52 AM) *
Ray Lewis is a murdering a$$hole. Go Jim! Plus, the Ravens have the ugliest uniforms.

The Ravens actually have the coolest uniforms in the league apart from the Bengals and of course the Eagles.

I've long since resigned myself from hating Ray Lewis. The simple fact is half of these guys would be in jail (or robbing you right now) if not for their ability to run, tackle, and catch. This is the state of professional sports, might as well accept it. I'll be rooting for John.
make_it_rain
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 20 2013, 10:20 PM) *
Balt + 8-1/2 paid off nicely.

This. Balt plus the points was basically free money.

Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 20 2013, 09:41 PM) *

Boo Hoo, another Conference Championship game appearance....I really feel it for their fans huh.gif
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Jan 21 2013, 10:23 AM) *
This. Balt plus the points was basically free money.

Teasing 2 games apiece on Sat/Sun the first 2 weeks, and teasing SF/Balt to +4/+15.5 was basically bookies pissing their money away.

Unbelievable how bookies allow teases in the playoffs.
Bez
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 21 2013, 01:37 AM) *
Of course now that the Patriots aren't going to be in the Super Bowl, I don't know who to root against.

I normally just root for our conference, but as a Dallas fan I've always been a little conflicted about the Niners. I hated them for obvious reasons back in the eighties, but even I had to admire Montana. On the other hand, this ain't that team.

I normally don't have much feeling for the Ravens, one way or the other, although I wasn't impressed with the way that Modell did Cleveland. Still, they just beat up the Pats which sorta makes them my heroes for the week.

Gonna have to think about this one.
Could it be possible that this is the kind of game where a person simply enjoys the contest ? Seriously , I am simply happy that 2 teams I happen to like more than dislike are playing against each other. Less stress , more enjoyment. I have a feeling there may be a lot of injuries in the game though.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 21 2013, 09:34 AM) *
The simple fact is half of these guys would be in jail (or robbing you right now) if not for their ability to run, tackle, and catch. This is the state of professional sports, might as well accept it.

You're truly the most embarrassing person on this board.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 21 2013, 11:37 AM) *
You're truly the most embarrassing person on this board.

And you are truly the most naive, and not just regarding football. I'm sorry that indisputable facts embarass you - I guess it's a sign that you should abandon your willful ignorance and accept reality.

I'm not going to waste my time arguing this subject with you, but here's a few links for you, in the hopes that your sensitivities can be penetrated:

Police Blotter #1

That's about 200 different players arrested between February '09 to January '13 - so far we're on pace for about 70-80 players arrests this year. Also of note is the fact that Jovan Belcher is missing (it's hard to arrest someone and charge him with murder after he's killed himself).

Police Blotter #2

There's another 80, from February '08 to February '09. Though in defense of NFL players, a lot of these guys are probably repeat offenders, so maybe we're not looking at almost 300 guys so far, almost all of whom are still in the league.....

Police Blotter #3

And there's another 95 or so, from February '07 to February '08. Again, in all fairness, I noticed Pacman Jones's name at least 3 times, as well as our buddy Michael Vick's.

I stated that we shouldn't get too hung up on the fact that someone who belongs in jail is about to end his career on top of the world, as half of these guys would be in jail if not for football - a statement of indisputable truth. We watch a gladiator sport. Colleges recruit straight from juvenile hall, a practice that is all but official policy in the SEC and elsewhere. Would you like to admit you were wrong, or remain in a world of blissful ignorance?

I bet I know which one.....

mcnabbulous
There are 1600 players on NFL rosters, not including the practice squad. Not to mention that a significant portion of those arrests are not jailable offenses.

Phits
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 21 2013, 12:08 PM) *
I stated that we shouldn't get too hung up on the fact that someone who belongs in jail is about to end his career on top of the world

This comment appears to be greatly uninformed simply because it's not a fact that he belongs in jail. He was found guilty of obstruction of justice and served his probation.
Rick
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 21 2013, 12:22 PM) *
There are 1600 players on NFL rosters, not including the practice squad. Not to mention that a significant portion of those arrests are not jailable offenses.

LMAO!! You are very funny.

So, when's the last time you were arrested? Actually, show of hands, who here has been arrested for any of the things these football players are (regularly) arrested for? Personally, I've NEVER been arrested. I'm guessing you probably haven't been but I don't know you.

The point is the NFL looks the other way with a LOT of criminals (percentage-wise) vs the general public because of money.

If you can't see that then you're worse off than I've always thought you were.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 21 2013, 12:08 PM) *
I bet I know which one.....

*sigh*

I rest my case.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Rick @ Jan 21 2013, 12:56 PM) *
The point is the NFL looks the other way with a LOT of criminals (percentage-wise) vs the general public because of money.

Given the fact that the whole premise of this conversation stemmed from the fact that HoP said 50% of these guys would be in jail if they weren't playing football, I'm not sure what you're getting at.

A significant number of the arrests pointed out in the police blotter he linked were DUI and marijuana arrests. DUI's are terrible, but they are a terrible part of our society as a whole. They are not unique to NFL players. And I'm the last person that's going to criticize a 25 year old multi millionaire for smoking weed.

Frankly, I can't relate to being young and uber rich. So I have no idea how I would handle it. Yes, I wouldn't beat up my girlfriend, but I'd probably do tons of stupid shit. I would wager that a significant percentage of young musicians who are given tons of money do illegal things regularly. A higher percentage than the general public.

So, I guess my point is that many of these guys are probably more likely to engage in illegal behavior because of their status as multi millionaire athletes.

Rick
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 21 2013, 01:07 PM) *
So, I guess my point is that many of these guys are probably more likely to engage in illegal behavior because of their status as multi millionaire athletes.

Riiiiight,,,, They break the law because they have money.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Rick @ Jan 21 2013, 08:58 PM) *
Riiiiight,,,, They break the law because they have money.

Have you never broken the law? Why don't you tell me why they break the law.
Rick
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 21 2013, 09:02 PM) *
Have you never broken the law? Why don't you tell me why they break the law.

I have never broken a law which would get me arrested.

Why do they break the law? I have no idea, however, they do and they do it more than the general population. Many of them come from bad areas--where a higher percentage of people break the law. The real question is why they break the law. And that is a much different discussion (i.e. it's not a football discussion).

You can make the excuse it's because they have the money. However, they also have the league and their teams who will ensure they'll get to/from places without having to drink and drive and they have the money to hire a cab or a limo if they don't want someone else to handle it.

They also can have security provided for them yet it seems you hear of one or two players each season carrying a gun somewhere they shouldn't carry it or carrying it illegally.

The NFL does, in fact, look the other way with these guys. They pull people from those areas where people tend to break the law more than people from other areas. They then go to the NFL and continue to do the stupid stuff they would have been doing had they never been in the NFL in the first place.

But I guess it's the money....
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Rick @ Jan 22 2013, 07:03 AM) *
The NFL does, in fact, look the other way with these guys. They pull people from those areas where people tend to break the law more than people from other areas. They then go to the NFL and continue to do the stupid stuff they would have been doing had they never been in the NFL in the first place.

But I guess it's the money....

He's in denial is all.

It's all but established doctrine that colleges recruit directly from the ghetto, in fact directly from juvenile hall in some cases.

How else does a top prospect out of LSU score a 4 on the wonderlic? That's not someone who belongs in college, that's someone who is 6 points from being considered literate.

Anyways, while I'm not surprised his liberal panties got in a bunch over an obvious fact, my original point is that some people cringe at the sight of Ray Lewis on tv because he belongs in jail for either murdering someone or helping his friends get away with murder.

The fact is that in 2013 in America, a large chunk of professional athletes are criminals in uniforms, immune from paying for their crimes as you or I would. And since we're all sports fans, we are part of it, as we obviously don't mind cheering for felons as long as they keep scoring touchdowns for us. To believe otherwise is naive at best.
Phits
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 22 2013, 09:02 AM) *
How else does a top prospect out of LSU score a 4 on the wonderlic? That's not someone who belongs in college, that's someone who is 6 points from being considered literate.

Wonderlic examples:
Hector has 3 pairs of shoes, 4 pairs of jeans and 13 shirts. How many days could he possibly go without wearing the same combination of these three items?
What is the mathematical average of the number of feet in a yard, seconds in a minutes and months in a year?
A plane travels 12 feet in 1/6 second. At this same speed, how many feet will it travel in five seconds?
The truth is, a greater number of people ,than you probably, think would have difficulty with these questions.

The fact is that in 2013 in America, a large chunk of professional athletes are criminals in uniforms, immune from paying for their crimes as you or I would. And since we're all sports fans, we are part of it, as we obviously don't mind cheering for felons as long as they keep scoring touchdowns for us. To believe otherwise is naive at best.

What is a 'large chunk'? How do you quantify that amount? 30%-40%...that number seems high, i would like to see the actual statistics on that. Small sample sets don't cut it. The rich/famous always seem to be above the law, because they can afford it. The average person doesn't get the same breaks. It's Capitalism at it's best.
HOUSEoPAIN
Wonderlic examples:
The truth is, a greater number of people ,than you probably, think would have difficulty with these questions.

Believe me, I expect very little from most people these days. However, being a 'college student' used to carry some meaning, as opposed to being a handpicked gladiator who happens to (allegedly) attend a political science class here and there.

Here's a couple other samples:

When a rope is selling 20 cents per 2 feet, how many feet can you buy for 30 dollars?

Which of numbers in this group represents the smallest amount? a) 0.3 cool.gif 0.08 c) 1 d) 0.33

There's 50 questions, many of which require a basic logical path towards the correct answer, such as the first sample (the second sample should be a gimme). One of your samples I would consider difficult, another average, another pretty easy. Scoring a 20 translates into average intelligence (100 IQ), scoring a 10 translates into literacy. Scoring a 4 means you shouldn't be graduating from college (much less being a middle school graduate), and you're there only because of your ability to run and catch. Lower IQ also translates into higher probability of criminal behavior in every test and sample known to man, but I'm getting off track. The Wonderlic has been in use for over 70 years, including by the Navy during WWII to determine pilots and navigators, and of course the NFL considers it to be an integral part of drafting. Tom Landry was the first to use it, fun fact, about 40 years ago. Much bigger and better people than us say it's a solid indicator of intelligence - end of story.

What is a 'large chunk'? How do you quantify that amount? 30%-40%...that number seems high, i would like to see the actual statistics on that. Small sample sets don't cut it.

Ok, how about a large sample, such as the amount of people incarcerated in the US per 100,000 people? In 2009 that number was 743, or 0.00743% of the population (adults, not including juveniles). So to answer your question, out of 1700 NFL players, 1% would be an extremely high amount - the links I posted suggested a few hundred in a few year period - now granted many were not jailable offenses, but of course many were, and there were also repeat offenders which would lead to jail. Let's just state the obvious fact that no matter how you slice and dice it, there is an extremely high percentage of criminals in the NFL and in professional sports compared to the general population - which goes back to my original point.

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 22 2013, 11:52 AM) *
The average person doesn't get the same breaks. It's Capitalism at it's best.

That's called cronyism actually, but let's stick to one basic concept at a time.
Phits
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 22 2013, 12:31 PM) *
That's called cronyism actually, but let's stick to one basic concept at a time.

Actually, I was referring to capitalism in its context. You clearly missed the point of my comment. I'll drop the discussion unless this moves to G&G.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 22 2013, 12:53 PM) *
Actually, I was referring to capitalism in its context. You clearly missed the point of my comment. I'll drop the discussion unless this moves to G&G.

I have no doubt you believe you were referring to capitalism, but you're wrong in thinking so. If you have a point to make then start up a new thread on G&G.
Phits
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 22 2013, 01:44 PM) *
I have no doubt you believe you were referring to capitalism, but you're wrong in thinking so. If you have a point to make then start up a new thread on G&G.

you should consider hiring yourself out as a telepath. the way you are able to read my mind is unnerving. imagine being able to tell me what i was thinking, and then correcting my mistake for me. you sir, are a freak of nature.
***sarcasm alert***

tongue.gif

my point was made. contrary to your opinion I was not mistaken. your inability to decipher my rhetoric is the issue. i have no interest in debating my line of thinking with you.
samaroo
I didn't mean to start all this, I just don't like Ray Lewis. Sorry.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (samaroo @ Jan 23 2013, 03:36 AM) *
I didn't mean to start all this, I just don't like Ray Lewis. Sorry.

I find it to be an interesting discussion myself, as well as an interesting observation.
samaroo
Yeah, I do, too. But the internet is not (usually) a good place for "discussion."
Reality Fan
Just to add some facts to this discussion which has some really fucked up views and speaks volumes about the personal views of some of the posters here.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/20111...w-arrest-leader

So the facts show that NFL players are actually arrested at a lower rate than the average citizen which says something beyond some of the stupidity posted here. Granted they have resources available to them to help such as the cache of their fame, better lawyers and teams that babysit them but they also have lots of distractions to deal with at an early age when many of us are not always mature enough to deal with such things.

I was amazed that one poster here said he never broke the law......which means never drinking under age, never driving under the influence.....so many things many of us have done but I guess he is either a saint or equates not getting caught with not breaking the law.

Now that being said....Ray Lewis should be in jail........the entire story of his involvement in the murder is so disgusting....

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 23 2013, 09:44 PM) *
Just to add some facts to this discussion which has some really fucked up views and speaks volumes about the personal views of some of the posters here.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/20111...w-arrest-leader

So the facts show that NFL players are actually arrested at a lower rate than the average citizen which says something beyond some of the stupidity posted here. Granted they have resources available to them to help such as the cache of their fame, better lawyers and teams that babysit them but they also have lots of distractions to deal with at an early age when many of us are not always mature enough to deal with such things.

I was amazed that one poster here said he never broke the law......which means never drinking under age, never driving under the influence.....so many things many of us have done but I guess he is either a saint or equates not getting caught with not breaking the law.

Now that being said....Ray Lewis should be in jail........the entire story of his involvement in the murder is so disgusting....

We don't often agree, but I'm glad we do here. I was embarrassed by this thread so I disengaged, but you basically made every point I was too disgusted to continue trying to state.
cheers.gif

JaxEagle
QUOTE (samaroo @ Jan 21 2013, 03:52 AM) *

The Falcons have the ugliest uniforms but Ravens are second. I'd love to see David Akers get a ring after all his trials and tribulations. Great season last year and poor season this year but still one of the top kickers all-time when he retires.
Rick
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 23 2013, 08:44 PM) *

I believe you're referring to me. I didn't say I've never broken the law, I said I've never been arrested and (I believe) I said I've never done something which would get me arrested.

No, I never did underaged drinking--I didn't drink until I was about 25. And no, I NEVER have and never plan to drive while under the influence...for the record.

HOUSEoPAIN
Just to add some facts to this discussion which has some really fucked up views and speaks volumes about the personal views of some of the posters here

Yesterday I thought to myself: "You know what this thread is missing? How about a menstrual, whiny, childish-insult-laden rant from Fantasy Fan, straight from his mother's basement?" Thanks for not disappointing me. As far as personal views, yes, there are people who don't live in denial and recognize things as they are, and such people are usually capable of presenting their opinion with facts and logic, without namecalling. To date, not one person has challenged anything I've said factually on this thread, because you can't - anyways, I decided to check the source you posted - which led me to another website - which led me to this.

Fail.....

Since you didn't even check your own source, and thus are completely ignorant of what you're talking about (true to form), I decided to do your research for you. I found the database you referred to - this is the database's overiew:

These are arrests and citations involving NFL players since 2000 that were more serious than speeding tickets. The San Diego Union-Tribune reviewed hundreds of news reports and public records in compiling it. The list cannot be considered comprehensive in part because some incidents may not have been reported and some public records proved to be elusive. Increased media coverage of incidents also probably accounts for more incidents listed in recent years

I would like to emphasize the last two sentences. So your own source (which you didn't check, so let's call it 'my other source' from now on) states that it can't be considered complete. Also, as they state, it's impossible to compare media today to media 12-13 years ago - my other source actually correlates pretty well to my original source for awhile, which means either NFL players have just become more apt to being arrested in recent years.....or we don't have record of the obviously numerous missing incidents from prior years. Logic points to the answer.

So the facts show that NFL players are actually arrested at a lower rate than the average citizen which says something beyond some of the stupidity posted here

No the 'facts' show that NFL players are arrested at an extremely high rate compared to average people - the 'database,' my other source, shows that public records are now much more accurate and available.

I was amazed that one poster here said he never broke the law

I would be amazed if you actually read your own source before using it as gospel in a whiny rant. Worry about your obvious intellectual dishonesty first, then worry about Rick's criminal record.

wacko.gif

So after all of that.....you basically agree with my original point. Are you going to boycott the Super Bowl? Are you going to stop watching the NFL, who is marketing Ray Lewis's 'last game' as a major storyline? That's what I thought. Feel free to join reality anytime.....
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 23 2013, 09:05 PM) *
We don't often agree, but I'm glad we do here. I was embarrassed by this thread so I disengaged, but you basically made every point I was too disgusted to continue trying to state.
cheers.gif

You didn't 'disengage' - you 'ran for the hills' when faced with the fact that your beliefs are rooted in delusion, and you had to do what was necessary to hold on to your denial.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 24 2013, 01:00 PM) *
You didn't 'disengage' - you 'ran for the hills' when faced with the fact that your beliefs are rooted in delusion, and you had to do what was necessary to hold on to your denial.
You don't know me if you think I would run from any sensible conversation. The only fact that has been established here is your ignorance.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 24 2013, 12:56 PM) *
Yesterday I thought to myself: "You know what this thread is missing? How about a menstrual, whiny, childish-insult-laden rant from Fantasy Fan, straight from his mother's basement?" Thanks for not disappointing me. As far as personal views, yes, there are people who don't live in denial and recognize things as they are, and such people are usually capable of presenting their opinion with facts and logic, without namecalling. To date, not one person has challenged anything I've said factually on this thread, because you can't - anyways, I decided to check the source you posted - which led me to another website - which led me to this.

Fail.....

Since you didn't even check your own source, and thus are completely ignorant of what you're talking about (true to form), I decided to do your research for you. I found the database you referred to - this is the database's overiew:

These are arrests and citations involving NFL players since 2000 that were more serious than speeding tickets. The San Diego Union-Tribune reviewed hundreds of news reports and public records in compiling it. The list cannot be considered comprehensive in part because some incidents may not have been reported and some public records proved to be elusive. Increased media coverage of incidents also probably accounts for more incidents listed in recent years

I would like to emphasize the last two sentences. So your own source (which you didn't check, so let's call it 'my other source' from now on) states that it can't be considered complete. Also, as they state, it's impossible to compare media today to media 12-13 years ago - my other source actually correlates pretty well to my original source for awhile, which means either NFL players have just become more apt to being arrested in recent years.....or we don't have record of the obviously numerous missing incidents from prior years. Logic points to the answer.

No the 'facts' show that NFL players are arrested at an extremely high rate compared to average people - the 'database,' my other source, shows that public records are now much more accurate and available.

I would be amazed if you actually read your own source before using it as gospel in a whiny rant. Worry about your obvious intellectual dishonesty first, then worry about Rick's criminal record.

wacko.gif

So after all of that.....you basically agree with my original point. Are you going to boycott the Super Bowl? Are you going to stop watching the NFL, who is marketing Ray Lewis's 'last game' as a major storyline? That's what I thought. Feel free to join reality anytime.....

you need reading comprehension classes but since you did not like that one this one continues it....

http://sbronars.wordpress.com/2012/12/09/d...-crime-problem/

and this one breaks it down in demographics which is even more interesting unless you are an idiot with a predisposed opinion and unable to adsorb facts.

Now tell me in your little whiny diatribe how wrong I am and all the other silliness that makes you feel like you have a set....go tell the wife how you really made this guy look silly and then run off to the bathroom, close the door and cry like a baby......lol....or don't

points is.....your wrong and probably a little racist.....
Reality Fan
I guess it comes down to a numbers issue. You have literally thousands of NFL players in a given season between active rosters, IR, practice squads, game day contracts, off season invitees etc........what makes these arrests seem more common is the media attention to them. If you took a normal neighborhood you would be amazed at what you find from speeding tickets, to dui to weed etc....I live in a fairly well to do area......on my street alone, in the last 3 years I have had one neighbor arrested for trying to rape and kill his ex(and he was a VP of tax for a multinational), another neighbor busted in a sting for dealing steroids and a 3rd for assault.

All sports have issues with this but some of that is the perception created by the media. The facts are that most of these guys get parenting from their teams and welcome it and then you have your Pacmans and Ray Lewis types......but to compare them with guys getting a DUI is silly.......you can't paint them with the same brush.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 24 2013, 05:42 PM) *
points is.....your wrong and probably a little racist.....

You haven't challenged one thing I posted or said, and as mentioned in my previous post you didn't even check 'my other source' - and here is the predictable endgame, a moron without an argument resorting to the race card. What, no Godwin's Law?

If you would like to argue the facts I posted throughout this thread, feel free to do so.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 24 2013, 07:59 PM) *
You haven't challenged one thing I posted or said, and as mentioned in my previous post you didn't even check 'my other source' - and here is the predictable endgame, a moron without an argument resorting to the race card. What, no Godwin's Law?

If you would like to argue the facts I posted throughout this thread, feel free to do so.

you crack me up....I present facts with actual numbers versus your presentation of the police blotter from PFT. You don't correlate those arrests with recidivists on the list or the total number of players spanning the years you mention to put it in perspective and as far as the racist argument? What exactly did you mean that without football many of these guys would be criminals? Was that my imagination? Hey, your views are your views and I could careless either way but at least have the balls to admit it instead of trying to blow smoke over it and acting like that is not what you meant...and I know...some of your best friends are black also......

what a joke....

and i know....save the typing...no one refuted your arguments(in your mind) and bitchy arguments and moron and blah blah blah...did I miss anything?...see...now you don't have to type anything
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 24 2013, 09:51 PM) *
as far as the racist argument? What exactly did you mean that without football many of these guys would be criminals? Was that my imagination?

It wasn't an 'argument,' it was a moronic substitute for not having an argument. You had to resort to it after posting a link you didn't even check, and getting called out for it.

I can only assume you haven't read much of this thread either - I backed up the obvious truth to my point with links from police blotter, as well as comparing percentages based on those links. Nowhere was race mentioned at all until you pulled it out of your ass after being called out for posting a link that you obviously never even looked at and trusting the word of Ben Maller. But no, it wasn't your imagination - you obviously had it in your head all along, as did mcnabbulous - it's common for liberal bigots to project their own views on others, I've certainly seen it enough on this very board in G&G from others. It's all too common these days for idiots defending a lost argument. Like I said, anytime you want to go back and challenge my original points (which you ironically end up agreeing with by saying Lewis should be in jail) feel free to do so, just make sure you check your source this time. It's ok, I know you can't.....
mcnabbulous
Hahah. Yeah this isn't about race. Just about "criminals that come from bad areas." You're a joke and RF has called you out for it.

Like I said, I was disgusted with this thread, but you've proven yourself to be exactly what I've always thought you were.

Your original point was that football players get arrested. RF's better point is that it's no more than the general, comparable population.

This thread is further proof that the only thing racists dislike more than other races is being called racist.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 25 2013, 11:05 AM) *
Like I said, I was disgusted with this thread

Of course you were - the obvious truth to the point I was making upset your little sensitivities, and you felt it necessary to 'disengage' or else find yourself defending a lost argument. I've seen you project your own bigotry onto others in G&G, and I see you realized rather quickly that I was referring to you, which doesn't surprise me.

You haven't been shy about your own bigotry towards other groups of people that you can generalize. These days, the truth is a casualty, as its much easier for an idiot without a point to make to play the race card.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 25 2013, 12:11 PM) *
Of course you were - the obvious truth to the point I was making upset your little sensitivities, and you felt it necessary to 'disengage' or else find yourself defending a lost argument. I've seen you project your own bigotry onto others in G&G, and I see you realized rather quickly that I was referring to you, which doesn't surprise me.

You haven't been shy about your own bigotry towards other groups of people that you can generalize. These days, the truth is a casualty, as its much easier for an idiot without a point to make to play the race card.

My apologies, man. I didn't realize you were referring to white ghettos before. Obviously there was a clear misunderstanding.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 25 2013, 11:25 AM) *
Obviously there was a clear misunderstanding.

I was referring to all-but-official policy from SEC schools and many other schools. In your own little bigoted mind, you decided to apply a stereotype to that. As with many times on this thread, I stated a truth that you couldn't argue with - if you feel these schools are being racist based on where they recruit, take it up with them.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 25 2013, 12:32 PM) *
In your own little bigoted mind

If we can agree on one thing, it's that I'm bigoted towards racists and homophobes.
I'm done with this thread. You've embarrassed yourself enough.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 25 2013, 11:57 AM) *
If we can agree on one thing

It's that you and Fantasy Fan are the only people to bring race into the argument - in no small part because apart from being bigoted, you are incapable of arguing with anything said.

I'm done with this thread

We can only hope - you've said that a few times before over the last couple days, and here I am wasting my time with you again.....
Reality Fan
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 25 2013, 10:45 AM) *
It wasn't an 'argument,' it was a moronic substitute for not having an argument. You had to resort to it after posting a link you didn't even check, and getting called out for it.

I can only assume you haven't read much of this thread either - I backed up the obvious truth to my point with links from police blotter, as well as comparing percentages based on those links. Nowhere was race mentioned at all until you pulled it out of your ass after being called out for posting a link that you obviously never even looked at and trusting the word of Ben Maller. But no, it wasn't your imagination - you obviously had it in your head all along, as did mcnabbulous - it's common for liberal bigots to project their own views on others, I've certainly seen it enough on this very board in G&G from others. It's all too common these days for idiots defending a lost argument. Like I said, anytime you want to go back and challenge my original points (which you ironically end up agreeing with by saying Lewis should be in jail) feel free to do so, just make sure you check your source this time. It's ok, I know you can't.....

to you, I believe it Mr Mitty...you live in a strange world...one where you can make statements and then hide like a little pussy behind specious arguments about what others interpret from your statements. What color are the panties today?

At least have the balls to stand by your opinions but I should not be shocked....you are very typical.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.