Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Report: Shurmer hired by Eagles
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
McLane writes that Shurmer has been hired but his title is to be determined. Assistant HC, offense? I like this.
_KAMELOT_
Didn't he fail in Cleveland?
bebina
QUOTE (_KAMELOT_ @ Jan 20 2013, 06:32 PM) *
Didn't he fail in Cleveland?

Yes he did but he was a pretty good offensive mind. See Bradford's first year. Not a great coach but a good QB developer.
Dreagon
Kind of an odd pairing with Kelly, isn't it? Shurmer runs a completely different kind of offense.
Eyrie
Maybe that's the idea. Kelly is clearly comfortable having someone in place with a different viewpoint that he can bounce ideas off whilst remaining in overall charge.

It can be dangerous having two people whose thinking is too similar - when it came to the passing game Reid and Morningweg were like two alcoholics in a bar egging each other to have "just one more".
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jan 21 2013, 01:56 PM) *
Maybe that's the idea. Kelly is clearly comfortable having someone in place with a different viewpoint that he can bounce ideas off whilst remaining in overall charge.

It can be dangerous having two people whose thinking is too similar - when it came to the passing game Reid and Morningweg were like two alcoholics in a bar egging each other to have "just one more".

Yeah, I totally agree. Kelly made it clear that he wanted his OC to be a guy that is comfortable with the passing game. Bringing in a guy that has a completely different offensive mentality is a refreshing change.

I complained for years about the incestuous nature of the Reid years. The FO and coaches were all of the same mindset/mold. It's a good thing having diversity within the organization.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.