Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles Offseason Moves II
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Assuming we won't sign and trade any of the FA we have on our team, I was looking to see if any of our players would get us any decent picks. Totally a guess on my part, here's what I guess that our players would be worth in the free market of draft picks. Where significant, I list the salary for this year that the other team would need to assume.

Not saying we should trade all of these, Just trying to estimate their worth.

Older players"

Avant 7th year, Salary of 2M. Was a 4th round pick. A solid 3r WR. Maybe will bring a 5th rounder

Celek 6th Yr 3.2M. A middle of the road starting TE with questionable hands. Was a 5th rounder. Get a 5th in return?

Cole 8th Yr. 3.5M. Was PB player who got paid and stunk last yr. Was a 5th rounder. Get a 5th with a kicker to a 4th?

Herremans 8th Yr. 3.0M. Solid starter at OG or RT. Was a 4th rounder. S/B able to get a 3rd rounder for him.

Jackson 5th Yr. 6.75M.Once a PB, now middling starter.Was a 2nd rounder.With that salary, may have to settle for a 3rd

Jenkins 9th Yr. 4.5M. Underperformed. Was an UFA. Maybe we could get a 5th with a kicker to a 4th?

Mathis 8th Yr. 2.0M Was a 3rd rounder. Borderline PB this year. Maybe get a 3rd + a 7th.

Patterson 8th Yr. 2.9M. Was a 1st rounder. Solid starter, nothing more. Maybe we get a 3rd rounder for him?

Peters 9th Yr. 10.4M. Was an UFA. Was best OT in '11. Highest rated Eagle. Age and salary and injury a concern. If he proves healthy for camps,could get a 3rd rounder for him.

Ryans 7th Yr 6.7M. Played Avg this year. Was a 2nd rounder. Maybe we get a 5th.

The Younger Guys, most of who didn't play well

Allen - 3rd Yr was a 2nd rounder. $600K Give me a 6th round pick and you got him
Bell -5th Yr. Was a 7th rounder. $1M. Give me a conditional 7th and he's yours.
Chaney - 3rd Yr. Was a 7th rounder. Just ask nicely and he's yours
Coleman - 3rd Yr, was a 7th rounder. I would hold out for a 6th rounder for him.
Cooper - 3rd Yr was a 5th rounder. Not going to get higher than a 6th for him
Foles - Rookie, 3rd rounder. We should be able to get a 2nd round pick for him.
Graham - 3rd Yr was a 1st rounder. $1.2M Maybe a 2nd round pick?
Harbor - 3rd Yr 4th round pick. Underperformed. Maybe we could get a 6th rounder
Hughes - 4th year. Was a 5th rounder for SD. Worthless. Any DB who couldn't play this year is worthless
Hunt - 2nd Yr was RFA from CLE. Has potential. I think we could get a 5th or 6th for him.
D. Johnson - R was a RFA. He's shown promise as WR. We could probably get a 6th for him
Kelce - 2nd YR. Was a 6th rounder. Could probably get us a 3rd round pick.
Kendricks - R. 2nd rounder. Stumbled later in year. May have devalued to a 3rd rounder
Lewis - 2nd Yr was a 5th rounder. Probably still worht a 5th.
Lindley - see above - worthless
Maclin - 4th yr, 1st rounder.$2.8M Not a bust, but not PB level. Definitely solid. Maybe a 2nd and a 6th or 7th.
McCoy - 4th Yr 2nd rounder. 3.0M. Top tier RB. Would return us a 1st round pick.
Thornton - 1st Yr, RFA. Played really well. Would get us a 5th I think.
Watkins - 2nd yr. 1st rounder makes $1.1M. He's on his way to bustville. Maybe we can con someone for a 4th?

Picking and choosing, we can hopefully turn some of these into valuable draft assets. Having a couple of extra picks will allow us to package them and get a hgihger round pick or move up in certain rounds.

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 20 2013, 12:04 PM) *
The Younger Guys, most of who didn't play well

I've long been of the mind that we just sucked at developing talent. How many players have sucked here, then went on to kick ass elsewhere?

I don't think we should blow the whole thing up, I think we should accept that this next year is a trial run to see exactly where we're at. I still believe we can get this turned around immediately with the right coaching and have a winning record next year.
nephillymike
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 20 2013, 12:26 PM) *
I've long been of the mind that we just sucked at developing talent. How many players have sucked here, then went on to kick ass elsewhere?

I don't think we should blow the whole thing up, I think we should accept that this next year is a trial run to see exactly where we're at. I still believe we can get this turned around immediately with the right coaching and have a winning record next year.

I don't know how many kicked ass.

As far as contributors, I'm thinking Teo Neshiem, McGlynn.

Anyone else?

I agree though, our coaching seemed to suck at development.either that or our drafting was horrendous. There were a lot of reaches over the years.
Zero
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 20 2013, 12:26 PM) *

I think quite a bit of that had to do with Reid's insistence that the system was more imporatnt than the player ... square peg into round hole syndrome. Because of that, I agree except for those players who were locker room problems or quit on the team ... off with their heads!
Eyrie
I think most of your assessments are optimistic. All of those players were part of a poor 4-12 team in the season just finished.

If we move to a 3-4 then we may shift a couple of the DEs who are poor fits for 5ths or later.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.