Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kudos to Howie Roseman
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
You all know that I'm not shy of being critical of this team's mgt.

But after years of the faces of thjis franchise being either Reid or Banner, both in their own way would leave me insulted and infuriated, it is nice to see a guy like Roseman come into the forefront.

He was asked about those rumors about him being a power hog and being difficult to work with and he handled the question about the insulting insinuations with total class and ease. Kelly's first press conference was such a breath of fresh air! Reid's initial press conference 14 years ago was an insulting lead into what we would have to deal with. Hopefully between Rosmean and Kelly, we will return to feeling that this team appreciates us fans and puts forth the friendly image that any successful business in the 2000's needs.

I don't exonerate Roseman from 2010-11 drafts. At best for him, I say he has at least a third of the responsibility for those, with 50% for 2012. But I understand what Lurie was trying to do, but he made it worse for Howie, which was no fault of Roseman.

As far as the news that it was Banner that leaked those anti Roseman accusations, that goes as no surprise. Banner probably took the hit for Dawkins departure, and probably was the bigger voice than Howie in those drafts and took the hit. Add the fact that he was horrible as a face of the franchise, expedited his exit, that's fine.

Banner annoyed me every time he opened his mouth. His smug, arrogant, "patently irresponsible" attitude is better in Cleveland than here. See ya and STFU!
GQSmooth
I tell you this, Howie always gets what he wants. Every time there is a free agent, a coach or a job he wanted, Howie has been persistent until he achieves his goal. Yeah I believe he has some blame for past drafts but you have to be impressed (and a little glad he is on our side) with the way he has been persistent in getting his job, in how he goes about getting key free agents and coaches. At the time Howie made those moves nobody faulted with he did. He achieved what he set out to do.

I still have some concerns about the football and personnel aspect of Howie's background. But what is positive in my mind is Howie knows what he doesn't know. Given he has Tom Donahue as a consultant for the team and now the team is switching to a 3-4, there is no one who can better set up that system of having LBs that can just step up everytime someone goes down or leaves town as a free agent. If we continue to draft like we did in 2012 the team will be fine.
Reality Fan
Mikey......I am impressed...

I like Howie.......he comes accross as almost humble compared to Banner and he also seems to enjoy talking to the fanbase.

I have a theory on Banner's departure...

Picture this......Lurie is out of town on business.....he finishes up early and flies back to Philly unannounced to surprise the wife and take her out to dinner. He rolls up to the mansion and walks into the bedroom only to find her whipping Banner who is wearing nothing but an Eagles helmet. whipitgood.gif whipitgood.gif whipitgood.gif
Next thing you know Banner is persona non grata and Jeff is divorced. Now they hate each other after 44 years of friendship.

very strange indeed.......
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 18 2013, 06:42 PM) *

I like Howie.......he comes accross as almost humble compared to Banner and he also seems to enjoy talking to the fanbase.

Picture this......Lurie is out of town on business.....he finishes up early and flies back to Philly unannounced to surprise the wife and take her out to dinner. He rolls up to the mansion and walks into the bedroom only to find her whipping Banner who is wearing nothing but an Eagles helmet. Next thing you know Banner is persona non grata and jeff is divorced. Now they hate each other after 44 years of friendship.

I'm completely on board with this theory. Was thinking it earlier today...down to the Eagles helmet.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 18 2013, 05:44 PM) *
I'm completely on board with this theory. Was thinking it earlier today...down to the Eagles helmet.

you are scaring me...... laugh.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 18 2013, 06:46 PM) *
you are scaring me...... laugh.gif

I was kidding about the Eagles helmet. But he was dressed like the gimp from Pulp Fiction.

JaxEagle
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ Jan 18 2013, 11:11 AM) *
Given he has Tom Donahue as a consultant for the team and now the team is switching to a 3-4, there is no one who can better set up that system of having LBs that can just step up everytime someone goes down or leaves town as a free agent. If we continue to draft like we did in 2012 the team will be fine.

The team is now switching to a 3-4? Is that official or just assumed at this point?
Zero
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Jan 18 2013, 10:17 PM) *
The team is now switching to a 3-4? Is that official or just assumed at this point?

Kelly said he had to check out his players and their strengths first but it seems every coach he's been mentioned as having interest in has been a 3-4 guy.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 18 2013, 10:42 PM) *

Picture this......Lurie is out of town on business.....he finishes up early and flies back to Philly unannounced to surprise the wife and take her out to dinner. He rolls up to the mansion and walks into the bedroom only to find her whipping Banner who is wearing nothing but an Eagles helmet. whipitgood.gif whipitgood.gif whipitgood.gif
Next thing you know Banner is persona non grata and Jeff is divorced. Now they hate each other after 44 years of friendship.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 18 2013, 10:44 PM) *

Makes you wonder what Lurie would have done if it had been a Cowboys helmet .... duel.gif
nephillymike
You guys crack me up.

A serious complimentary post goes by without much fan fare and then put some sex scandal in there and wham, replies multiply!! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.