Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moving to Kellydelphia
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
As like most of us, despite my worries I'm "all in."
''When you meet with Chip, you realize very quickly that Chip is not about whether his offense is going to translate to the NFL,'' Roseman said. ''It's about his vision for a program, it's about how he sees the entire aspect of a football organization and Jeffrey outlined in that first press conference: I want a leader, I want a presence, and so if you had any doubt about Chip Kelly's offense, you left and said this isn't about Chip Kelly and the spread, this is about how Chip Kelly approaches football, and that was incredibly, incredibly impressive.''
''We have one goal, and that's to get to the Super Bowl,'' Kelly said. ''It's not an `I' deal, it's a `we' deal. Our players will understand that.''
Borrowed ...
canadianeagle
He had me at "hello"
Eyrie
On balance, I think he's the best hire we could make as he has more upside than Bradley, but I'm not ready to join the two of you in the Kellydelphia fan club just yet. I'd like to see who he hires, who we draft for him, how he coaches and whether it works first.
mcnabbulous
Are we definitely going with Kellydelphia? I've seen Chipadelphia thrown around there too.

Either way, I'm all in.
Reality Fan
after catching parts of his press conference I am happy to see that he does not have that Saban or Spurrier smugness, that was my concern....he comes across as very matter of fact and well thought out.

I am keeping my fingers crossed. I will give him 2 years and then we will know what we have.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 18 2013, 05:45 PM) *
after catching parts of his press conference I am happy to see that he does not have that Saban or Spurrier smugness, that was my concern....he comes across as very matter of fact and well thought out.

I am keeping my fingers crossed. I will give him 2 years and then we will know what we have.

I know your point and I agree. I like his style. That said, you can't compare the HBC to Saban. Saban is a dork. At least Spurrier is comic genius!

But yeah, I prefer the style that Kelly seems to have. More introspective than Andy but not a loose cannon. Kelly is clearly an intelligent individual. I think Andy is also but Andy seemed interested in proving his genius. Kelly doesn't seem interested in that.
samaroo
You all make good point, but this is still Philly. The grumbles will start with the first reg season loss, and if we don't go to the SB by 2014, we'll be hearing "Fire Kelly" chants from the stands.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.