Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why did Chip Change HIs mind?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
My concern is that he found out that the sanctions at Oregon were worse than expected and he changed his mind as a result.

I hope not. It just is odd for someone to tyrn down the job only to accept it weeks later. I guess it assumes the Eagles didn't sweeten the deal but I don't think they did.

We'll see.

It is definitely exciting.

I like him b/c he landed in NE Philly airport. Not a bad start!
canadianeagle
He may turn out to be a bust but the more I read about him the more excited I am about him being the new head coach. His hiring has completely reinvigorated me as a fan.
VICKtory
ESPN said AR spoke with Chip about his time in Philly which I'm sure had something to do with it
Bez
Well , perhaps his behavior at Oregon is indicative of his need to move on . All I can say is what I did before and that is that the Ducks and the Huskies disposition on the field has changed and neither teams were good guests last season. Chip seemed to really turn into an asshole at the end. TO be fair I wasn't pleased with Pete Carol at USC either but when he went to Seattle things seemed to balance out .
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Bez @ Jan 17 2013, 05:58 PM) *
Well , perhaps his behavior at Oregon is indicative of his need to move on . All I can say is what I did before and that is that the Ducks and the Huskies disposition on the field has changed and neither teams were good guests last season. Chip seemed to really turn into an asshole at the end. TO be fair I wasn't pleased with Pete Carol at USC either but when he went to Seattle things seemed to balance out .

That is an interesting take on it and one I had not heard before. Were his teams dirty? Was he a jerk? That might be a red flag among all the happiness. I will have to look out for that.

I am a cynic so I am firmly in the camp of the sanctions playing a huge part in his change of heart. That being said I have no doubt that guys like Saban do much worse but the NCAA will never go after a program like Alabama. Saban specifically said in an interview that he found that he could not impact a team in the NFL like he does at the college level because there are rules. Those were his exact words.

That sums it up.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 17 2013, 01:09 PM) *
he changed his mind as a result.

You mean he made an adjustment ?

Wow .. good omen !
Bez
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 18 2013, 06:00 PM) *
That is an interesting take on it and one I had not heard before. Were his teams dirty? Was he a jerk? That might be a red flag among all the happiness. I will have to look out for that.

I am a cynic so I am firmly in the camp of the sanctions playing a huge part in his change of heart. That being said I have no doubt that guys like Saban do much worse but the NCAA will never go after a program like Alabama. Saban specifically said in an interview that he found that he could not impact a team in the NFL like he does at the college level because there are rules. Those were his exact words.

That sums it up.
We all watched Tedford go through his changes and eventual demise. And it is connected seeing Tedford was with the Ducks. Chip Kelly's success brought out something in him , that thing that says" more more more " at any cost . This years Ducks team when they came to UCB were acting like asses . It got me to thinking about the traditionally respected programs back East and in the Mid west teams that in some cases not all seem to condition their players to keep it toned down. I think it has something to do with the fan base size , huge stadiums and almost NFL like collectivity. And yeah he turned into a jerk. The change into the PAc twelve changed things elsewhere as well. Sarkesian's Huskies turned Rabid. I was shocked to see the change in the whole demeanor of on of our division teams. Their whole approach to winning became smash-mouth more than out performing the opponent. I lost all respect for the program this last season. So in short some of the PAc twelve teams seem to want into the inner circle of College Ball in an unhealthy way. Kelly's hurry up offense got away with a lot and the refs didn't seem to know how to deal it because it was so fast even they couldn't keep up .

BTW we got Sonny Dykes as our new UCB coach. Instead of moving out into the outer lying cities that host a lot of new money and new gated communities etc he is going to live in Berkeley and his kids will attend school here no doubt private school but still here in Berkeley. The public will also be allowed to attend practice. Big change in approach.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.