Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting comments from Kelly re: Foles. From 2011.
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
Ill tell you what; Im glad Nick Foles is graduating, Kelly said after the 2011 meeting between the two teams, per Anthony Gimino of the Tucson Citizen. I catch myself watching him in awe sometimes. Nick is a hell of a football player. That kids a warrior. Hes as good as anyone in the country.

Foles Arizona teams went 0-3 against the Ducks from 2009-2011. But the quarterback performed quite well in those games, averaging 386.7 yards passing and tossing 10 touchdowns, compared to two interceptions.

Source: phillymag...

For what little they might be worth....
Zero
The Kelly quotes regarding QB play always seem to include "smart and accurate." From Gruden's QB school video to Reid's and Marty's comments everything I read says that Foles is really smart. I remember reading something about one of the last games he played where he had the game plan for a couple of hours and said "got it, now I need to make it work" ... something to that effect. I also seem to keep hearing that one of Foles' strengths is his accuracy.

Shame on me, but isn't "smart and accurate" what people keep saying about the NFL QB who is running a lot of Kelly's stuff?" The successful guy who was a sixth rounder. Not really meaning to imply the same will happen here, but with an innovative coach instead of a system coach coupled with the quote that started this thread it seems the offense could be in good hands. At least there's room for hope.

Now, to the defense. I read that Kelly started off as a LB coach.
bebina
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 17 2013, 07:53 AM) *
The Kelly quotes regarding QB play always seem to include "smart and accurate." From Gruden's QB school video to Reid's and Marty's comments everything I read says that Foles is really smart. I remember reading something about one of the last games he played where he had the game plan for a couple of hours and said "got it, now I need to make it work" ... something to that effect. I also seem to keep hearing that one of Foles' strengths is his accuracy.

Shame on me, but isn't "smart and accurate" what people keep saying about the NFL QB who is running a lot of Kelly's stuff?" The successful guy who was a sixth rounder. Not really meaning to imply the same will happen here, but with an innovative coach instead of a system coach coupled with the quote that started this thread it seems the offense could be in good hands. At least there's room for hope.

Now, to the defense. I read that Kelly started off as a LB coach.

And he was also once a DC...sounds like he wants to move to the 3-4
Zero
Hopefully, it's about the players he has to work with not the system he prefers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.