Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I know we need lots of help on the D, but
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
At #4 what could we get to trade down to pick Keenan Allen? Assuming (gulp) Peters, Herremans and Kelce all come back healthy and Foles is competent the O could be really, really dynamic with that big WR.

Pick up the extra pick(s) and go defense, defense, defense and FA defense. Huh?
bebina
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 16 2013, 10:00 PM) *
At #4 what could we get to trade down to pick Keenan Allen? Assuming (gulp) Peters, Herremans and Kelce all come back healthy and Foles is competent the O could be really, really dynamic with that big WR.

Pick up the extra pick(s) and go defense, defense, defense and FA defense. Huh?

Well Kennan is slotted aa being the 2nd WR picked and in the 20's. I personally think there are talents out there at the WR position comparable in size and skills but not stats that can be had in the later rounds but if you were to trade down for Kennan you would get atleast this years 1st and 2nd and possibly future picks.

I personally do think we need a tackle so that Herramens can go back inside. This can be achieved through the draft or FA. If Peters comes back completely healthy wouldn't mind making a run at Andre Smith for RT. A line of Peters, Mathis, Kelce, Herramens and Smith sounds really good.
Zero
QUOTE (bebina @ Jan 16 2013, 09:31 PM) *
I personally do think we need a tackle so that Herramens can go back inside. This can be achieved through the draft or FA. If Peters comes back completely healthy wouldn't mind making a run at Andre Smith for RT. A line of Peters, Mathis, Kelce, Herramens and Smith sounds really good.

Smith is a FA? How about Joeckle or Lewan?
bebina
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 17 2013, 07:37 AM) *
Smith is a FA? How about Joeckle or Lewan?

They're good but supposedly Eric Fisher is the real LT to watch in this draft they say he has Joe Staley written all over him.

Should be interesting to say the least.
VICKtory
I think I heard somewhere that Lewan is staying one more year at Michigan FWIW
mcnabbulous
Lewan is staying at Michigan. Not that I think we'll take a WR, but if we did, I would hope it would be Cordarrelle Patterson. That guy reminds me of a raw Randy Moss.

Personally, I think we'll end up with a rush LB (i.e. Jarvis Jones)
canadianeagle
I think the first pick will be one of "what it" circumstances. If Joeckle drops how do you say no to an immediate 10 year starter? If Smith Drops, that could be hard to resist especially if Kelly does not feel that Foles can run the offense. If they do switch to a 3-4 defense then Lotulelei makes sense but he may not make it to 4. Jones will definitely be a possibility with the success of Von miller, but again, he may not drop.

The good news is whatever they decide to do it sure seems that they will have a choice of an impact type of player of some kind.
mcnabbulous
Ideally Smith will be there at 4, giving us the option to draft him (if we've identified him as a legit QB prospect) or potentially trade back. He is the one guy that teams may be interested in moving around for.

Any of the top-4 teams are in need of a QB though. Should be interesting.
Zero
QUOTE (canadianeagle @ Jan 17 2013, 11:59 AM) *
I think the first pick will be one of "what it" circumstances. If Joeckle drops how do you say no to an immediate 10 year starter? If Smith Drops, that could be hard to resist especially if Kelly does not feel that Foles can run the offense. If they do switch to a 3-4 defense then Lotulelei makes sense but he may not make it to 4. Jones will definitely be a possibility with the success of Von miller, but again, he may not drop.

The good news is whatever they decide to do it sure seems that they will have a choice of an impact type of player of some kind.

Kelly was absolutely gushy about Foles today on his presser.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 17 2013, 05:25 PM) *
Kelly was absolutely gushy about Foles today on his presser.

I did like that but I didn't interpret it as quite as gushing. I did interpret his Vick comments as most likely a "No" but I didn't think he totally was closed to Vick. I like Foles thus far and think he has some good intangibles, but can Kelly get round the requirement of the QB needing exceptionally good feet??
Zero
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Jan 18 2013, 10:10 PM) *
I did like that but I didn't interpret it as quite as gushing. I did interpret his Vick comments as most likely a "No" but I didn't think he totally was closed to Vick. I like Foles thus far and think he has some good intangibles, but can Kelly get round the requirement of the QB needing exceptionally good feet??

When he's talking about Brady I get the sense that he thinks he can make an offense work around a QB who can move in the pocket even though his ideal is for him to be able to run that option.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.