Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A good argument for Gruden
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I'd be happy with Gruden. I'm a tad worried that Gus will turn Jeff down for two reasons: family established in Seattle; and, unfinished business in Seattle. I wonder if Jeff and Jon had a falling out when he was here with Rhodes.
Since being fired and establishing himself on TV, Gruden hasn't settled into the cushy broadcaster's life. He rented office space so he can get up early every morning and watch tape, just as he did as a coach. He is as freakishly obsessed with football as ever. But he's also been able to gain some perspective. He's taken the time to meet with other coaches - including Eagles target Chip Kelly - and pick their brains. Through his ESPN show, he has developed insight into and relationships with, many of the best quarterbacks who have come into the league in recent years.

Ron Jaworski, Dick Vermeil, Mike Mayock, Brian Baldinger - endorsed Gruden.
From ...

Zero
Here's Didinger's take on Grudog:

The other part is the fire and intensity he would bring to the job. The Eagles desperately need someone who will make it clear this is a new day and a new direction. Gruden will do that. One of the first things he did in Oakland was get rid of the slackers -- goodbye Chester McGlockton - and the busts - see ya, Larry Brown. It didn't matter if they were first-round draft picks or high-priced free agents; if they weren't getting it done, they were gone. The Eagles need to send the same message to their locker room.

The Eagles became too comfortable under Andy Reid. He protected the players, never singling them out for blame. They repaid him by quitting on him. There was little or no accountability. Demetress Bell signed for a lot of money and played his way out of the lineup. He didn't see the field in the last five weeks, so why was he still hanging around collecting a paycheck? That's just one example. There were others.

Of those left on the board - that we know of - Gruden or Bradley excite me the most. I know Gruden has percieved baggage, but I liked him when he was here before and I think he could do the job. Bradley is more of an unkown but I like everything written about him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.