Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Either Grudog has his PR machine pedal to the metal or ...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Lots of people think Chuckie is a good fit for the Eagles ... except maybe Lurie. Lurie knows him from his stint with RayBob, but what's the problem? Not even a cursory interview.

NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock called into 97.5 The Fanatic Thursday afternoon and joined Ron Jaworski and Dick Vermeil as an advocate of the Eagles to hire Jon Gruden
Rick
Not my first choice but I don't have a problem with that.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (Rick @ Jan 10 2013, 07:28 PM) *
Not my first choice but I don't have a problem with that.

Agree. And I'll take Gruden over Brian Kelly or his brother Jay.
Rick
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Jan 10 2013, 09:35 PM) *
Agree. And I'll take Gruden over Brian Kelly or his brother Jay.

I agree with you on that as well.
Pbfan
totally agree. whats the harm?
TGryn
Gruden's a media darling, since he's one of them now, but after how his stint in Tampa ended I wouldn't touch him with a 30-foot pole. Chucky's way too much like Rhodes: decent with veterans, but can't develop young talent to save his life. Not what we need here.

I'm also not a big fan of bringing people in for an interview if you have little intention of hiring them. "Informational" interviews are fine, but not in the context of a specific open position. Bring in a guy like Gruden or Cowher for a chat, and you're guaranteed a media firestorm which could be very damaging from a PR perspective if you decide he's not the guy.
JaxEagle
Agree with all but now we are reportedly interviewing Gruden... Jay Gruden.... I am not too interested in Chuckie but I'd rather have him than Jay Gruden. I could be wrong but I don't really see it as far a Jay is concerned.
samaroo
I don't want either Gruden. If we're gonna bring in ex-Eagles, I'd rather try Jaws than Jon. And I'd rather not have anyone who's ever done more than drive quickly through Cincinnati, with the windows up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.