Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lovie Smith?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
navyeagles
Lovie Smith has an interview with the Eagles on Thursday. Was not really expecting to hear his name come up in the Eagles talk, but he would be able to fix our D. interesting... very interesting. Not sure how I feel about it though. lots of pros and cons..
mcnabbulous
He's a defensive genius. He's definitely not an exciting candidate, but he would help us on that side of the ball tremendously. He would certainly have to prove in an interview that he knows what it would take to put a competent offense on the field.
navyeagles
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 8 2013, 04:15 PM) *
He's a defensive genius. He's definitely not an exciting candidate, but he would help us on that side of the ball tremendously. He would certainly have to prove in an interview that he knows what it would take to put a competent offense on the field.

who would he pick as offensive coordinator.. Norv Turner would be nice..
Dreagon
paired with a good OC, he would be a good pickup for you guys. I'm sure he understands the value of the linebacker.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (navyeagles @ Jan 8 2013, 04:20 PM) *
who would he pick as offensive coordinator.. Norv Turner would be nice..

Meh, fuck Norv Turner. I can't answer that, but it would definitely be a huge part of the interview process, I'm sure.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 8 2013, 04:33 PM) *
Meh, fuck Norv Turner. I can't answer that, but it would definitely be a huge part of the interview process, I'm sure.

Who he would pick as OC would be key to being hired. There would be no problem with him running the defense but who the other coaches are and how the players would fit his offense would make or break him.
VICKtory
I think Lovie Smith would be a good fit for us. We have a lot of youth on the defensive side that he could develop, runs a 4-3 so transitioning wouldn't be an issue.

Only problem is the bears have never had an even above average offense as far as I can remember under him, so he would need a great OC, preferably someone who can help develop Foles

Not my top choice, but I certainly wouldn't complain if he ended up being our next coach
Rick
I would LOVE to have LOVIE as the HC. We really could use a defensive HC. Of course, he needs a good, strong, OC. I'd be happy with Norv at OC. He's done a very good job at OC over the years. I think that would be a great combination.

I just don't know that Norv would come here as I know the Jets are pursuing him and I'm guessing other teams are as well.

But I like Lovie at HC.
Dreagon
New development. Jerruh just decided to fire our defensive coach since apparently he hasn't managed to make our recievers run their routes correctly, our offensive line run block, or Romo protect the ball in last game clutch situations...he just held a defense of third stringers and guys off the street together with spit and baling wire.

Now there is talk he is trying to get Lovie Smith as Defensive Coordinator so I'm hoping you guys get Nolan from Atlanta.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 9 2013, 08:02 AM) *
New development. Jerruh just decided to fire our defensive coach since apparently he hasn't managed to make our recievers run their routes correctly, our offensive line run block, or Romo protect the ball in last game clutch situations...he just held a defense of third stringers and guys off the street together with spit and baling wire.

Now there is talk he is trying to get Lovie Smith as Defensive Coordinator so I'm hoping you guys get Nolan from Atlanta.

Dreagon, I really enjoy having you here and respect you a lot. That said, Rob Ryan is a douche. No offense meant.
Dreagon
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Jan 9 2013, 09:23 PM) *
Dreagon, I really enjoy having you here and respect you a lot. That said, Rob Ryan is a douche. No offense meant.

Thanks! biggrin.gif

And Ryan IS a douche, no doubt about it. But he was a douche who coached circles around Garrett, and yet it's Garrett's face I still have to look at on the sideline next year. If there is one person on yall's organization I envy yall for having, it's yall's owner...who generally stays out of the way and lets the people in his organization do their jobs.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 9 2013, 08:02 AM) *

lol Jerruh lol... how does Garrett NOT get fired after that season? is he the new Andy Reid?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Jan 10 2013, 02:35 PM) *
lol Jerruh lol... how does Garrett NOT get fired after that season? is he the new Andy Reid?

No, Andy Reid was quite successful at the beginning of his career.

Now I heard they want Kiffin to head up their D? So they'll swith to a 4-3 for a 72 year old DC? That makes a lot of sense...
JaxEagle
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 10 2013, 08:30 AM) *
Thanks! biggrin.gif

And Ryan IS a douche, no doubt about it. But he was a douche who coached circles around Garrett, and yet it's Garrett's face I still have to look at on the sideline next year. If there is one person on yall's organization I envy yall for having, it's yall's owner...who generally stays out of the way and lets the people in his organization do their jobs.

Maybe Garrett needs to go also but I think Dallas is better off without that dirty joker of a DC
samaroo
Jerry Jones is becoming Al Davis II.

"You can't tell me what to do! I'm rich!"

You guys might have Tom Cable in a year or two.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.