Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RGIII > McNabb
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
I think he's already better than McNabb's best. He may already be a better total passer than Donnie, but he also has the running ability that McNabb had lost by the time he matured as a passer.

He's phenomenal. We're in trouble.
Dreagon
It might be because his talents are being utilized better.

McNabb used his mobility to make Reids offense work.
Shanahan intentionally uses RGIII's mobility as part of his offense..
mcnabbulous
It's less about the mobility and more about the throwing. The mobility is just a bonus with this guy.
bwc2112
His Knee has already been injured, what happens next. More injuries,less mobility. DONE.....The handwriting is on the wall.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (bwc2112 @ Jan 6 2013, 06:46 PM) *
His Knee has already been injured, what happens next. More injuries,less mobility. DONE.....The handwriting is on the wall.

He'll be fine with less mobility. He can actually throw...which was kind of the point of this thread.
With that said, he shouldn't be on the field right now. He is reminding me of Donnie in 2002.
Dreagon
QUOTE (bwc2112 @ Jan 6 2013, 05:46 PM) *

And there is the danger of the way Shanahan is employing him and this new interest of college style offenses in the NFL. The QB is going to be taking a beating that he wasn't against college defenses.
Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 6 2013, 07:02 PM) *
And there is the danger of the way Shanahan is employing him and this new interest of college style offenses in the NFL. The QB is going to be taking a beating that he wasn't against college defenses.

That 4th qtr knee doesn't look good
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 6 2013, 07:09 PM) *
That 4th qtr knee doesn't look good

He shouldn't have been on the field. Shanahan deserves to get fired for that.
Dreagon
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 6 2013, 06:14 PM) *
He shouldn't have been on the field. Shanahan deserves to get fired for that.

Cousins should have been sent in at the half...at the latest.

I honestly don't think it would have made a difference anyways. The Seahawks were the better team on the field and would have likely murdered whichever team limped their way to the championship of the NFC East this year.
Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 6 2013, 08:19 PM) *
Cousins should have been sent in at the half...at the latest.

I honestly don't think it would have made a difference anyways. The Seahawks were the better team on the field and would have likely murdered whichever team limped their way to the championship of the NFC East this year.

Agreed, and you don't want to jeopardize the future of your star QB. Stoopit.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 6 2013, 10:57 PM) *
I think he's already better than McNabb's best. He may already be a better total passer than Donnie, but he also has the running ability that McNabb had lost by the time he matured as a passer.

He's phenomenal. We're in trouble.

Nutz.

Thanks to Shanny, he's already damaged goods after just his rookie season. His passing "ability" will be much less wow inducing when teams aren't falling for the play fakes while fearing the read/option. He couldn't do shit yesterday once it became apparent that he was longer a threat to run.

The world thought Cam Newton was all that and a bowl of future lombardies after his rookie season too. This season? Not so much.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jan 7 2013, 05:32 PM) *
Nutz.

Thanks to Shanny, he's already damaged goods after just his rookie season. His passing "ability" will be much less wow inducing when teams aren't falling for the play fakes while fearing the read/option. He couldn't do shit yesterday once it became apparent that he was longer a threat to run.

The world thought Cam Newton was all that and a bowl of future lombardies after his rookie season too. This season? Not so much.

He may be injured badly, which certainly changes things to an extent. Your claim that he couldn't do shit after he lost his threat to run is quite misguided though. He couldn't do shit because he he couldn't put any pressure on his back leg. It was sad to watch and even more despicable on the part of Shanahan.

I still stand by my claim that he's a much better passer than McNabb when you take the mobility away. Hopefully we don't find out so quickly.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jan 7 2013, 04:32 PM) *

I'm not sure what you have been watching but Cam Newton is a very good QB. The only thing preventing him from being elite is the shit that surrounds him in Carolina.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 7 2013, 08:57 PM) *
I'm not sure what you have been watching but Cam Newton is a very good QB. The only thing preventing him from being elite is the shit that surrounds him in Carolina.

Cam was inconsistent this year. He ended pretty strong though. Still have some doubts about him as a passer. Thing RGIII is better in that regard.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.